The Automation Technician is an important member of the team that manufactures and provides diagnostics products to the market. He/she works on assignments of moderately complexity where judgment is required to identify problems and notify supervision. Receives general instruction on routine work and all new assignments in production.
The position of Automation Tech is for a second shift automated equipment line operator. They will be responsible for loading parts and monitoring the equipment to ensure the quality and output goals are met. The tech will be responsible for reporting daily production metrics at the teams daily Gemba meetings. He/she has successfully completed at least 6 months’ hands on experience in a supporting role in a regulated (FDA / UDSA / ISO) manufacturing environment. Experience with high volume, highly automated production equipment is a plus. Experience with troubleshooting and repairing automation is a plus. Applicants with significantly more experience and / or biotech / pharmaceutical manufacturing experience will be considered for an Automation Tech II position.
I. TIMELY MANUFACTURE OF PRODUCT
a. Will assist in preparing or setting up appropriate production areas for use prior to starting a job.
b. Will assist others in filling and final packaging.
c. Will assist others in warehousing activities
d. Will assist others in pulling raw and semi-finished goods for production.
e. Responsible for documenting work on manufacturing documents.
f. Responsible for meeting daily scheduled job requirements and be available as to work overtime as
necessary as identified by production/warehousing leadership.
g. Learn to independently perform all of the tasks above in the first year of employment.
II. REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
Responsible for accurate documentation of the manufacture of all product components and subcomponents. Daily reviews by the supervisor must indicate that all entries are complete. All part numbers, lot numbers, unit of measure, amount used and calculations are correct. Comply with all safety procedures and all sections of the company Illness & Injury Prevention Program.
a. Responsible for maintaining the production & warehousing areas in a clean and uncluttered condition.
IV. ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY THE SUPERVISOR or MANAGER
Education and Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of 6-12 months’ production related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Technical Skills and Competencies Requirements
- Able to read, write and speak English and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Experience with Microsoft office products.
Physical Position Requirements
- Requires the ability to routinely lift and move items weighting up to 40 pounds Must be able to place packages on various shelving levels up to seven feet high. The position will require frequent standing, sitting, and bending
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.