As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Your Role: Customer Development Specialist District Manager, US Pet Health
Within the US Veterinary Sales Group for Elanco Animal Health, the purpose of the position is to drive sales results for the Veterinary Practices by leading a group of Inside Sales Representatives. The inside sales manager’s responsibilities include providing ongoing professional development opportunities for the inside sales staff, motivating the sales staff to achieve sales targets, and developing an effective step-by-step process of nurturing leads and closing sales. You should also be able to utilize market analysis tools to determine customer behavior, market trends, and competitor activity.
- Develop, and motivate a world-class sales team for maximum results of companion animal products in the Veterinary Clinics.
- Lead execution of Sales Force Excellence across all assigned districts to maximize coverage and return on resources invested.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising members of the inside sales team.
- Educating inside sales staff on effectively answering common customer questions and CVS Selling model.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all leads and actual sales.
- Preparing accurate sales forecasts to assist the company in making sound business decisions.
- Regularly evaluating the performance of the inside sales team.
- Evaluating current sales practices and procedures to determine whether they are effective in generating sales.
- Addressing and resolving customer complaints.
What You Need to Succeed (minimum qualifications):
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Required Experience: 10 years’ work experience in the Pet Health Industry; previous experience across sales management, inside sales, sales training in the Animal Health industry, marketing and/or operations experience preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Elanco Animal Health does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- In-depth knowledge of the Pet Health Market and products available.
- Understanding of category landscape, challenges, and opportunities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and solve customer issues strategically by finding a fit with Elanco's organizational capabilities.
- Ability to create a culture of engaged empowered employees.
- Strong Planning and Execution Skills.
- Travel: 25% or greater
- Location: Global Elanco Headquarters - Greenfield, IN - Hybrid Work Environment – Relocation available
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status