As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The primary purpose of this position is the development of new pet health therapeutic products by planning, coordinating, implementing, and reporting high quality clinical effectiveness and target animal safety (TAS) programs. Specifically, planning and executing pilot and pivotal studies in compliance with global regulatory standards (including GLP, vGCP & VICH) and guidelines. Authoring of study protocols and reports, selecting internal sites or Contract Research Organizations (CROs) to conduct studies, coordination, and managing studies are also included.
Functions, Duties, Task
- Formulate comprehensive clinical development plans for each new product. Build effective relationships within and outside Research and Development (Portfolio and Project Leadership, Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Development Sciences (CDS), R&D Quality Assurance, Marketing, Manufacturing and Quality) during development of products and life cycle management to assure that all parties involved meet critical deadlines and deliver work with appropriate quality attributes (GCP, GLP).
- Specific duties include executing individual clinical programs. In cooperation with other teams (i.e. CDS, Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs), design and write protocols for laboratory and field efficacy studies and TAS to generate information that will lead to regulatory approval of products. Work cooperatively with CDS to select suitable research facilities and qualified researchers to execute protocols. Coordinate with other teams to ensure study monitoring according to current applicable regulations, company policies, and management expectations. With support from other teams (i.e. Data Management, Medical Writing, Biostatistics, and internal / external SME reviewers), analyze and interpret results and author study reports. Work collaboratively with Regulatory Affairs to prepare reports and data for submission to regulatory agencies and present data to regulatory authorities and/or scientific meetings.
- Ensure quality assurance/regulatory compliance and participate and/or lead administrative and procedural activities such as development of new processes and / or functional procedures.
- Attend scientific meetings, continuing education courses and keep abreast of scientific advances and new developments in the animal health industry and veterinary profession.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- A DVM or a Ph.D. in an animal health related field is preferred. An MS with experience will be considered.
- Five or more years of experience in product development within or closely associated with the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- The incumbent must possess the ability to organize and manage a variety of projects at any one time demonstrating strict attention to detail.
- Current knowledge of all pertinent global / national / federal regulations under which therapeutic products are evaluated is desired.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet computer programs is also necessary.
- The incumbent must be self-motivated and able to work and learn without direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Basic understanding of research and development processes
- Acting as strategist and facilitator to drive clinical programs
- Proven experience working with regulatory authorities
- Good understanding and working knowledge of GCP/GLP/GMP and quality
- Demonstrated ability to work with external partners
- Experience and displayed achievements within the key competencies of Strategic Mindset, Business Insight, Cultivating Innovation, and Driving a Vision
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status