This job is archived
ISK Animal Health, LLC is responsible for the development and commercialization of novel animal health products invented by its parent corporation, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha, LTD (ISK). ISK produces and markets a wide range of chemical products and has its global headquarters in Osaka, Japan. The Company’s main products include titanium dioxide and agrochemicals. ISK has sales and manufacturing subsidiaries in Asia, the Americas, and Europe.
ISK Animal Health is seeking a candidate for the position of Manager of Business Development and Operations located at our Concord, Ohio location.
The Manager of Business Development and Operations is responsible for managing the international strategic business relationships between ISK Animal Health and commercial partners. This role will be responsible for leading and managing all commercial development partnering activities to ensure the successful launch of new ISK Animal Health products. The Manager of Business Development and Operations will implement the strategic direction for the overall business and product development programs, develop and execute business plans, create and manage budgets for securing new markets and product opportunities, and drive revenue growth with competitive gross margins. This individual will also assist the operations team in relationship management and communications and will assist in managing day-to-day commercial operations for existing and future product lines, as well as ensure the continuation of product development programs and strong commercial partner relations. As the product lines increase, this position will be responsible for helping build the team to support the US and global businesses.
- Assist in securing commercial partnering strategies to launch ISK-developed and registered products into the global animal health market.
- Assist in establishing and implementing the strategic direction and development of initiatives consistent with the overall business strategy. Ensure execution of strategies across business segments and channels for new opportunities; maintain key relationships with vendors and commercial partners.
- Assist in developing and executing the three-year strategic growth and portfolio strategy plans in alignment with ISK Animal Health’s business strategy. These growth plans include innovative first-in-class product portfolios to address unmet medical needs in animal health.
- Assist with establishing team structure; identify, attract, and lead the team to ensure the retention of talent.
- Work closely with Supply Chain/Logistics in maintaining business operations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key personnel withing the animal health industry; represent the company at industry events and conferences, and develop long-term relationships with key commercial partners, prospects, and strategic partners.
- Monitor and analyze news related to key accounts, competitors, and industry regulations, assess the impact of the company’s strategic growth plan, and appropriately communicate opportunities and challenges, course correcting as needed; identify opportunities for added services or revenue streams.
- Provide business, performance, and competitive analyses based on set targets and business KPIs to determine the effectiveness of sales initiatives, drive changes in strategy and solutions, as necessary. Ensure the communication of the results of the analyses in reports and presentations, and proactively make recommendations to key internal and external stakeholders.
Cross-Functional Role Requirements:
- Possesses both a technical and business background; demonstrates a strong executive presence with manufacturers and key decision-makers; understands the interrelationship between teams and stakeholders; able to work across functional boundaries.
- Works with team on product forecasts and tracks financial performance within and across business segments and channels with an emphasis on real vs. anticipated revenue and executes a strategy to ensure the profitability of the new business.
- Coordinates regularly with key operational leaders to ensure all aspects of the commercial partner experience are communicated, aligned, transparent and consistent with the strategic growth plan. Collaborates with the financial department in the development of the company’s annual budget.
- Proven success in a commercial partner-focused environment including creating relationships with potential partners, selecting partners, negotiations, and working with partners to meet short and long-term goals; has a history of commercial deals (made in the animal health industry -a plus).
- Ability to interpret data and develop successful strategies to meet financial targets and KPIs.
- Ability to lead and negotiate multi-million-dollar distribution and/or licensing agreements.
- Proven track record in developing talent and creating an organization with an emphasis on account management roles.
- Experience with international business and ability to adapt to various cultural values, norms, customs, and communication patterns; Capable of working effectively in a multicultural team.
- Technical knowledge regarding the development and commercialization of FDA-CVM animal health or relatable products, cGMP general principles, and the selling and distribution of those products.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in business development, product development, and/or commercialization of prescription animal health or related products internationally.
- A Master’s degree in the life sciences, business or related fields is preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% including international travel.