Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
This position will support manufacturing in vivo potency and safety testing for product release, manufacturing investigations, and clinical research. The incumbent’s responsibility includes performing in vivo testing procedures, data collection, data audits, data entry/verification, some general care and husbandry of laboratory animals, performing test method investigations and assisting with research studies.
- Perform routine laboratory testing
- Test set-up / data audit/ data validation
- Proficient with all injections [vaccinations / inoculations (IM, SQ, IP, ICr, IV), treatments (IM, SQ, orally, IV, topically)] and blood collections by all routes, as directed
- Proficient with challenge techniques and post-challenge observations
- Maintain required documentation for laboratory animal procedures (i.e. ACUPs, LIMS, SOPs)
- Assist with/perform laboratory animal testing associated with projects
- Assist with trouble shooting and problem solving for assays and processes
- Demonstrate integrity through the use of data, good judgment and experience to make decisions
- Assist with/perform the review of departmental SOPs
- Assist with/perform animal welfare related actions
- Assist with/perform experiments (i.e. research, 3Rs), as directed
- Assist with/maintain inventory of supplies, feed and bedding, as directed
- Assist with/maintain animal procurement/disposition, as directed
- Interact with interdepartmental customers such as Manufacturing, Central Services and Quality Assurance
- Assist supervisor with daily decisions using data, good judgment, and experience
- Work with Animal Husbandry Leader, Maintenance and Engineering to improve equipment operation
Education and Experience
- Minimum high school graduate (or equivalent) and
- Minimum 0 - 4 years of in vivo laboratory experience and
- 0 - 3+ years of industry quality control experience and
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- American Association of Laboratory Animal Scientist Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) certification
- 4 year degree in biological sciences/chemistry
- Working knowledge of Animal Welfare, USDA, FDA and International regulations
- Competent with computer using Window-based applications
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
- Capable of writing detailed memos, monthly reports and operational procedures
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and time management
- Ability to develop and enhance a teamwork atmosphere
- Ability to confidentially handle employee and company information
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to complete assay records and calculations using basic math
- Understanding of the metric system
- Understanding of basic statistics (mean, standard deviation, relative standard deviation etc.)
- Ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables
- Ability to make logical decisions concerning team and department issues
- Ability to make laboratory decisions in absence of supervision
- Ability to recognize product quality issues based on company guidelines
Physical Position Requirements
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the principle duties of this job.
- Manual dexterity using hands and fingers
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision work
- Ability to withstand long periods of standing, exposure to temperature variations, disagreeable odors
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50lbs.
- Immunizations required.
- Frequent need to sit, kneel, crouch and climb; reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and weekend work required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing principle duties of this job.
Noted personal protective equipment (PPE) must be utilized while on the job.
● Exposure to temperature variations.
● Disagreeable odors and dust -------------------- Dust mask may be required in certain areas.
● Constant standing; potential animal bites and scratches.
● High noise levels --------------------------------- Hearing protection required in certain areas or rooms.
● Exposure to flying objects and liquids -------- Safety glasses required.
● ANSI 75 Safety shoes required.
● Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals – Apron, rubber gloves and face shield when handling.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.