As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
Elanco is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, welfare and performance. Elanco products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food. Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
We are hiring a full-time Farm Animal Sales Manager to oversee Western Canada and lead the sales team in Alberta (4 Ruminant Sales Representatives), Saskatchewan & Manitoba (2 Ruminant & Monogastric Sales Representatives) to deliver ‘best in class’ products and services to our customers, which include Feed & Distribution Channel, Veterinarians, Nutritionists, Producers, and other key influencers.
In this role you will be accountable for delivering quarterly and yearly sales results for Ruminant (beef & dairy) and Monogastric (poultry & swine) portfolio in Western Canada, and for leading and continuously developing a team of six Sales Representatives. You will work collaboratively with Sales (Eastern Canada), Marketing & Technical to maximize business and team performance.
If you are a champion for agriculture and the farm animal industry and are committed to excellence in customer relationship management, this position will give you an opportunity to engage and enable a dynamic Sales teams to demonstrate the value of Elanco products and services, accomplish business objectives, and continually advocate for mutual profitability and long-term customer relationships.
- With our focus on top quality products and people, you must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant business, scientific or technical field, preferably Ag. Science, Animal Health or Business or 5 years relevant experience.
- A demonstrated track record of team and sales leadership.
- As a successful candidate, you are a highly driven and personally accountable individual who is energized by teamwork and building relationships.
- You have strong customer focus, business acumen and negotiation skills and can problem-solve within internal and external complexity.
- We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 5 years of sales management experience in Ag. Science, Bioscience or Animal Health.
- The Farm Animal Sales Manager consistently demonstrates Elanco’s Behavioral Pillars: Involve, Deliver, Innovate and Own.
- Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba are the territories overseen by this role.
- The role is based in Alberta, with significant time spent with team members and customers in the field (app. 60%).
- Elanco offers an excellent compensation package, flexible benefits, a career development program, a company car and an opportunity for broader work experiences.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status