Technician - Clinical Animal Care, Quality Control
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals' lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco's promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
To provide general poultry husbandry for the birds (chickens and turkeys) in the stock at the Winslow site. This position will actively support/lead activities related with the vaccine testing, maintenance of the testing facilities, and the proper care and welfare of the birds at the testing facility.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Lead/assist routine procedures that are involved in the testing of the vaccines and provide appropriate care and husbandry of the animals.
- Maintain the animal facilities clean and in regulatory inspection condition at all times. Requires floor, walls, animal enclosures scrubbing, and other minor maintenance, and proper cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Provide appropriate care for the animals retained at the facilities and maintaining/monitoring the proper environmental conditions (temperature, feed, water, etc.).
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with USDA regulations and assists with updating related databases.
- Assists with the drafting and reviews of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Engage in the review/implementation of animal welfare standards for the testing facilities at Winslow.
- Assist the site veterinarian in auditing testing buildings and procedures to verify their accuracy and bring up situations that might affect the wellbeing of the birds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of a high-school diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience in quality control
- Completion of Post Offer Exam, Completion of Work Simulation or Completion of Administrative Skills Testing if applicable.
- Previous poultry animal care experience helpful.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency with business applications such as: Word, MS Office and Excel
- Flexibility in adapting methods and skills.
- Motivation to work independently, as well as in a cooperative manner, with supervisor.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service