This job is archived
- Identify and coordinate high priority projects as identified to support the President. Work to meet goals and expectations, track assignments, and ensure completion of these projects. Analyze data sets to identify options for driving desired project outcomes. Evaluate budgets and forecasting for all departments and continue to monitor outcomes, communicating areas of concern to the President.
- Responsible for vendor contract completions and rebate tracking after contract finalization, utilizing the Cognos team for generating reports.
- Track performance on defined opportunities with the key vendors and coordinate with Sales and Marketing to accomplish maximum profitability.
- Work with President to assemble all necessary information needed to evaluate overall company profitability, delegating tasks as needed to ensure timely completion.
- Provide supervision, coaching, training and development of administrative support staff and the supervisor of the Clinic Loyalty Program. Participate in the interview process for new hires and make hiring decisions, complete performance reviews, set employee goals and objectives, and provide coaching and discipline as needed.
- Facilitate open communication between President and all internal departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- Strong computer skills; excel, Cognos, and AS 400
- 4-year college degree preferred with emphasis in accounting and management
- Five to ten years of experience supporting C-level executives
- Veterinary industry experience preferred
- Experience with organization and coordination of corporate leadership preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such contracts and legal documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accelerated computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and social media web platforms
- Strong people skills with track record of successful multiple task management
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and problem solve
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong project management
- Ability to prioritize conflicting needs and follow through on projects while adapting to various competing demands
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Attention to detail critical to ensure accuracy and completion of objectives
- Regular interaction with people, a team player
- Fast paced work environment, requires multi-tasking.
- Ability to work long hours as needs arise
- Frequent use of a telephone – listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
- Frequent use of hands for writing and computer keyboard as well as visual focus on the computer
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Microsoft Office products and devices to operate these systems.
Work will typically be performed Monday through Friday. Working more than 40 hours per work week may be required.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical and Dental insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.