This position is responsible for organizing and performing the necessary support work related to the health and welfare of the pets in the facility under general supervision.
1. Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all Nestlé Purina PetCare procedures and protocols
2. Perform pet care procedures as follows:
- Perform daily rounds & assist with routine veterinary care of the pets
- Perform husbandry duties to ensure the health and wellness of the pets
- Provide care of pets in clinic
- Organize & perform dental care program
- Contact & assist relief vets when needed
3. Maintain necessary pet health records
4. Maintenance of veterinary suite and associated areas:
- Maintain safe, sanitary & orderly work area
5. Responsible for inventory control and record keeping
6. Practice safety in the work area
- Weekend and Holiday work
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Knowledge):
- Associate Degree in Veterinary Technology
- Licensed Veterinary Technician in the State of Missouri or able to be licensed
- Skillful at handling pets
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Good interpersonal, communication, organization, and math skills
- Computer literacy
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Advanced training or experience in animal science, veterinary technology, or animal handling, grooming, or behavior
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Veterinary Technician Primary Location: St. Joseph, MO US Other Location: United States-- Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21000815