This job is archived
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
This Summer Internship will be field based. The job scope and primary focus for this position is to gain an understanding of and actively support the Veterinary Professional Services strategy across the regions and territories via coordination and execution of activities including:
- Understand the role of Professional Services Veterinarians and participate in field and home office activities
- Ride with a Professional Services Veterinarian in the field
- Developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Participate in field based events including dinner meetings and meetings with key stakeholders
- Attend a Professional Services Meeting or External Meeting with the Professional Services Team
- Work on expanding the presence and impact of Animal Health Professional Services
- Work on a social media campaign for professional services
- Raise awareness of the profession through education
- Support and service product portfolio
- Develop presentations on disease states (topic of choice)
- Learn how presentations can affect veterinarians in the field
- Assist in the development and implementation of a field based research product
- Ensure clear, concise and timely communication and also problem identification with Professional Services
Required Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled from Veterinary School
- Completed at least 1 year of veterinary school by June 2021
- Available for a period of 9 - 12 weeks beginning the last of week of May 2021
- Potential travel 40-50% depending on environment
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- General computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad
- Ability to be organized, adapt to a changing environment, work independently and also as part of a team
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of the Animal Health industries.
- Technician or Veterinary Clinic experience.
- Research experience.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Our Animal Health division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to the health and well-being of animals. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society and our planet. We offer one of our industry’s most innovative portfolio of products, services and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status:Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:Not Specified
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:2