Location: US Remote
The Veterinary Medical Affairs team under the Global Diagnostics Medical Affairs Commercial division is composed of a group of talented diagnostics medical experts, who partner with product and marketing brand managers to develop strategies for the brands they support, lead technical projects/research, participate in KOL development, and are the medical leads in reviewing educational and advertising/promotional materials for the line of innovative, new and marketed products/services. The team members have a high level of technical and business expertise in specific diagnostic areas, and therefore are utilized strategically in the field to provide education to customers and support of the sales force. This role is highly collaborative, working in a matrixed environment with numerous internal and external stakeholders across multiple geographies.
- Strategic Marketing Brand Support
- Provide medical expertise, with a focus in infectious disease, in diagnostics to the brand team and other groups within Zoetis
- Gain an understanding of the brand objectives and proactively work with the team on the strategic development and implementation of marketing plans, and product responses to competitors
- Co-lead planning and execution of marketing programs and other product focused workgroups (Customer Implementation Team meetings (CIT) and Operational Planning)
- As a leader within a team, proactively and continuously provide strategic input into respective marketing teams including marketing and technical directors and product managers as to technical/medical and business gaps and needs for aligned brands
- Co-lead with the marketing brand and product managers on strategies to support future innovative product launches
- Work with a cross-functional team to evaluate new business development opportunities
- Proactively identify solutions to meet unmet needs to the brand team/business and lead the necessary change
- Provide insight to the respective brand teams where conflicts and synergies exist across the Zoetis portfolio
- Create technical content for assigned product and services
- Develop content for both external and internal Zoetis Learning Sites and conferences based upon market demands, working with the Director of Medical Education.
- External Customers and Field Force Support
- Lead key customer activities and meetings based on brand strategy plans (e.g. lead on advisory board meetings, KOL development and engagement, customer education/training meetings on aligned products)
- Collaborative Partnerships With Key Opinion Leaders (KOL)
- Work across Zoetis to collaboratively support projects which will build KOL alliances and provide additional opportunities for KOL development
- Identify, develop and engage top KOLs and develop a plan on how to continually engage these KOLs in studies, advisory boards or speaking opportunities dependent on marketing priorities and budget
- Lead efforts in organizing and executing meetings with speakers/KOLs (e.g. advisory boards, speaker bureaus), dependent on marketing budget
- Lead the efforts in developing and maintaining relationships with KOLs that are strategic influencers. Collaborate with Veterinary Professional Services teams to identify new leaders as well as help support these relationships from the field level.
- Analyzer Development with VMRD, Product Management & External Key Opinion Leaders
- Establish basic instrument requirements and lab quality benchmarks for instrument evaluation and validation studies
- Identify technical/medical and business gaps and needs for assigned products
- Establish liaison relationships with key animal health organizations critical to the product/diagnostic area supported and to promote and enhance the image of Zoetis
- Identify future trends and marketplace dynamics and work across functional teams to develop a data generation/study plan [Phase IV (studies to support marketed products), Phase III studies (new claims), Outcomes Research] to address these needs
- Work with internal R&D and/or KOLs on development, submission, and execution of study proposals as well as keeping projects on track
- Internal Customers: Partnerships and Training/Education
- Present technical seminars to colleagues within Zoetis
- Advise and assist Learning and Development with both strategic focus and technical content of training programs and materials to assure consistency and clarity of key marketing messages and the medical appropriateness of product usage
- Identify needs for new and enhanced technical presentations and assume a leadership role in their development
- Participate in cross functional product teams (CFPT) for respective portfolio brands.
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and successfully guide implementation and execution of initiatives with minimal oversight through effective understanding and ability to function within the organizational structure.
- Demonstrate ongoing and strong relationships with assigned brand teams and other key stakeholders (including Major Accounts, Outcomes Research, Commercial Development and Lifecycle Innovation, Regulatory Affairs, Technical Support, VMRD, Veterinary Professional Services)
- Proficient at project management, creation of technical content, ability to act decisively, meet project deadlines, ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Lead and facilitate multi-disciplinary groups; advise and influence management at all levels of Zoetis on technical issues.
- Effectively participate and demonstrate leadership in project teams, assuming the role of medical lead.
- Zoetis Values and Leader Behaviors:
- Demonstrate strong leadership behaviors within Veterinary Professional Services and Zoetis
- Lead by example, actions are aligned with Zoetis mission and values
- Interface with other departments and suggest useful and effective actions to improve overall Zoetis performance
- Constantly seek ways to improve Zoetis and take leadership in identifying continuous improvement initiatives
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent required
- Advanced degree or infectious disease training highly preferred
- Diagnostic experience preferred
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with various stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate and effectively work within cross-functional teams
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work and navigate in an environment of regulatory and legal processes
- Excellent judgment in conflict management and influence
- Research experience
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to interact with and influence Senior Management, peers, and representatives from other functional groups