This job is archived
Location: North East
Why did you become a veterinarian?
- to help pets and their people live healthier happier lives
- to challenge yourself and continually grow and learn
- to educate and empower others
- to make a lasting and REAL difference in the lives of those around you
If any of these resonate, YOU need to consider a career at Zoetis!
Zoetis’ Purpose is to nurture our world and humankind by the advancing care for animals.
Zoetis at a glance: Zoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines, vaccines and diagnostic products and services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
We have a strong culture at Zoetis, built on the foundation of our core beliefs:
- Our colleagues make the difference
- Always do the right thing
- Customer obsessed
- Run it like you own it
- We are One Zoetis
But don’t believe us – believe what our colleagues and others are saying about Zoetis! Check out some of the awards and recognitions Zoetis earns CONSISTENTLY!
To learn more about Zoetis, and our beliefs
- Our commitment to sustainability: http://www.zoetis.com/sustainability/
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: https://www.zoetis.com/sustainability/communities/diversity-equity-inclusion/index.aspx
As a Zoetis Professional Services Veterinarian, you will:
- Drive the widespread adoption of higher standards of care and animal welfare
- Educate and influence veterinary colleagues and practice teams by giving lectures, facilitating / roundtable discussions on the latest up-to-date information on small animal diseases, Zoetis products / services, medical advancements, practice management topics
- Be the “voice of the veterinarian” when advising on strategies and educating internal teams (sales and marketing).
- Be a coach, a trainer, and a leader: you bring the ability to flex your style and communication to the needs of your sales team, colleagues, and peers.
- Partner with your Area Business Manager to develop and successfully achieve the area’s business strategy and objectives.
- Become a valued advisor to veterinary customers your sales team, peers and colleagues.
- Help protect and grow the Veterinary Industry, our Zoetis Business and Zoetis Brand. Maintain a commitment to your own personal and professional growth in order to enhance your relevance, impact and engagement.
- an approachable, motivating leader; you lead by example
- a trustworthy partner & teammate
- a creative collaborator
- passionate about best medicine and strengthening the veterinary profession
- an excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- a lifelong learner / have a growth mindset
- confident & humble & flexible
- a builder of strong positive relationships
- an investor in others through acts of service, encouragement and coaching
- a self-starter
- change agile
- a glass half full kind of person
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent degree
- Current and active veterinary license, in good standing
- A valid US driver’s license
- 5+ years of experience as a veterinarian in companion animal general clinical practice
- Curiosity, positivity, and a growth mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel for work (50 - 70% of work time travel expected)
- Occasional weekend and evening work are part of the job
Some Unique Benefits we offer:
- Ongoing training and professional development determined by and with YOU.
- Educational Assistance program
- Generous Paid vacation and holidays
- 401k match, profit sharing, Health Savings Account
Zoetis values a diverse workforce and workplace. Zoetis strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Zoetis is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, veteran status or disability.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.