Nestle Purina PetCare
For thirty years, Nestle Purina has been proud to call St. Joseph, MO home to two facilities, a wet pet food factory and our Product Technology Center (PTC). Located an hour north of Kansas City, the community of 77,000 people is packed with character and a rich history - just like Nestle Purina is. The city was recognized with the All-America City Award, given to communities with citizens who work together to pinpoint and address community-wide challenges and achieve exceptional results.
As the Clinical Veterinarian, you’ll be responsible for daily operation within Veterinary Clinic and Veterinary health program of our pets. You will plan, organize and perform all necessary veterinary procedures to ensure the health and wellbeing of the pets and procedures as required in nutrition research protocols.
- Perform all necessary veterinary procedures to insure the health and wellbeing of the pets
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Animal Welfare Act and all procedures and protocols in the Nestle R&D PetCare Manual
- Responsible for maintenance of all health records as required by the record retention policy and the Animal Welfare Act
- Assist with coordination and organization of the work for the Veterinary Service Group
- Ensure Compliance with Company policies and procedures by group members
- Perform procedures as required under nutritional research protocols
- Conduct all activity in compliance with generally accepted veterinary practice, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and all required Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment
- Maintain vaccination & other prophylactic programs for the pets
- Provide clinical diagnostics and treatment regimens for sick animals; ensure documentation thereof
- Perform necropsies on all expired pets
- Provide health reports (certificates) for all in-coming and out-going pets
- Assist with the breeding programs of the pets
- Maintain proper control and documentation of all regulated veterinary drugs
- Provide additional training to Vet staff and PetCare staff as required for appropriate pet care
- Maintain veterinary equipment in working order
- Advise Nestle Purina global PetCare Facilities on relevant veterinary issues as needed
- Travel as necessary
- Keep current and certified in veterinary field
- On call and after-hours veterinary support for timely response
- Contribute to nutritional research protocols as required
- Establish & maintain working relationship with Relief Veterinarian(s)
- Communication of veterinary health issues with other Nestlé Purina R&D Centers
- Additional duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Degree is required
- Valid veterinary license for the State of Missouri or ability to obtain license is required
- Minimum of 1-year experience as a Vet is required, 1+ years’ experience as a Vet is preferred
- Excellent animal handling, management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills is required
- Basic computer literacy is preferred
- Pro-active/Self-Starter is preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service