This job is archived
Location: Western Nebraska preferred location but other nearby locations/states may be considered for this role.
The role of the Beef Strategic Technical Services Veterinarian is the application of technical expertise and industry knowledge to create value for our customers and meet our company’s financial goals.
- Technical Knowledge
- Exhibits broad knowledge of:
- Economically relevant diseases and syndromes associated with bovine medicine across cow/calf, stocker, feedlot, and calf ranch businesses
- Mastery of technical information associated with entire Zoetis Cattle Portfolio
- Basic knowledge of epidemiology, population medicine and research trial design and interpretation
- Systematically enhancing professional knowledge to know the science behind the Zoetis product portfolio with unparalleled expertise.
- Know the competitors’ product portfolios with unparalleled expertise.
- Understands the business model of strategic accounts and how to utilize this information to apply Zoetis solutions to improve food safety, animal welfare and economic growth within Zoetis and the Strategic Account. To include:
- Solid understanding of the relative contribution of animal health and nutrition to the producer’s bottom line
- Awareness of all factors that determine a strategic producer’s profitability including but not limited to: Feed procurement and delivery, risk management, labor management, customer retention, existing and potential profit centers, cattle procurement, and market fluctuation.
- Ability to identify, navigate and leverage intangible issues that are relevant to a given account’s operation such as quality assurance, niche markets, regulatory concerns and interpersonal political struggles within an account’s management
- Relationship Building and Customer Management Skills
- Builds and maintains relationships and influence with upper management of Strategic Accounts as well as key industry leaders including veterinarians, nutritionists, extension, university personnel and other consultants.
- Execution and follow through on customer requests
- Ability to identify and perform tasks that enhance relationships at the upper management of Zoetis and Strategic Accounts. Examples include recognition of an account’s business or industry successes, timely thank you notes, delivery of actions with a “personal touch”, etc.
- Collaborates and building strong partnerships with Area Business Manager(s) to develop and execute the Area Operations Plan.
- Partners with Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) to develop appropriate strategies that focus efforts on their targeted accounts critical to the success of the business plan
- Works with SAMs to create, maintain and execute a customer-focused business development plan that clearly identifies current and future growth opportunities and allocates expense budget and resources for all high potential customers.
- Utilizes excellent presentation skills and appropriate tools (PowerPoint) to conduct educational training on products to both internal and external audiences.
- Provides ongoing technical training and education to colleagues within Zoetis.
- Advises and assists Global Learning and Development on the technical content of training programs, as required.
- Provides specialty support to other Areas or businesses as directed by management.
- Participates, as required, on special projects and tactical implementation that aligns with key stakeholders to effectively position products and the portfolio (e.g., reviewing sales material, participating on new product launch teams, providing assistance and support to Veterinary Medical Information and Product Support and others).
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of activities and customer interactions to specified management levels.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree or equivalent
- Three (3) years post doctoral experience in clinical practice, academia, research or industry
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Current in assigned areas of veterinary medicine
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and the ability to learn Zoetis’ internal systems)
- Willingness to travel 60-70% of nights away from home
- Two (2) years or more private practice experience
- Research experience, published scientific papers
- Proven record of accomplishments, demonstrating successful veterinarian practice management, strategy execution experience and leadership
- Extensive knowledge of Zoetis products and the animal health industry or ability to learn quickly
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to exercise good judgment; make thoughtful and fair decisions based on relevant information
- Ability to interact with and influence Senior Management, peers, and other functions
- Multilingual, particularly Spanish and English