This job is archived
Nestle Purina is part of an $88B Global Organization and a leader in Nutrition Health and Wellness. Purina is THE leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to improving the lives of cats and dogs through quality nutrition and care. We may be the world's largest food company, but a common passion for providing the best products in the world creates a sense of family. Our Mission: We stand for trust. We earn it every day as we enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them.
The Communications Manager (Veterinary Communications) is responsible for conducting educational events and providing technical information that result in increased trial, usage and recommendations of Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets, Pro Plan and other Purina products by veterinarians, veterinary students and veterinary staff. Additionally, this role helps promote technical and scientific competency among veterinary sales personnel.
- Develop and conduct educational events for veterinarians and veterinary hospital staff that supports sales/marketing goals and increases trial, usage and recommendation of Purina products and Purina programs.
- Provide technical nutrition information and serve as a technical consultant to Purina veterinary sales personnel.
- Manage and execute elements of the Purina Veterinary College Program in assigned veterinary schools: Develop and provide educational events to students, staff and faculty regarding nutritional management of cases
- Manage Programs that enhance the image of Purina throughout the veterinary school
- Promote and monitor usage of Purina products by students, faculty and teaching hospital
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers in the veterinary community that will drive Purina’s image in the veterinary profession.
LOCATION: Remote, Midwest Region (as far west as Colorado, as far east as Illinois – any area to the North or South of these boundaries is acceptable). Location near a major airport is preferred.
Travel: This role may require up to 75% travel as business needs require. We’re following local guidelines to keep our employees safe and non-essential business travel is currently paused due to COVID-19. Please feel comfortable asking your Recruiter for more details on current essential or non-essential travel practices and policies.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent
- 1+ years’ in a small animal private practice or an internship is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in private practice or similar industry is strongly preferred.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Corporate American Express Credit Card is required.
- Purina Veterinary Ambassador preferred.
Skills: Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills are required. Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills are required.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Veterinary Communications Manager, Remote Primary Location: Denver, CO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20006887