Our pet food factory in Zanesville is favorably located along the banks of the Muskingum River in scenic east-central Ohio halfway between Columbus and Wheeling, West Virginia. Originally under the ownership of BENCO Pet Foods, this 100-year-old facility was acquired by Nestlé Purina in 1987 and has since evolved as we’ve innovated and renovated our portfolio of products, processes, and technical equipment. Zanesville is the only Nestlé Purina location that produces Alpo® Meal Helpers and Moist & Meaty® and Beneful Simple Goodness for all the United States and Canada, packaged and shipped with the utmost quality and nutrition.
As a Senior IT Technician, you will maintain reliability and functionality of in-house (factory floor and administrative) computer hardware, software, network, and communication systems. This includes responsibility for the assigned installation, configuring, development, maintenance and documentation of in-house computer software, databases, and reporting systems. You will coordinate in-house implementation of new and enhanced corporate directed software and hardware, as well as coach, mentor, and instruct junior associates.
Your needs are our responsibility — job security, benefits, safety, and career growth. But, we leave it up to you to shape our future. Feel empowered to innovate. Share ideas. Do what’s never been done before. Dare to Stand Taller.
- Provide analytical, technical, and developmental expertise and support for existing and future plant computer related hardware, plant floor data collection systems and business information systems.
- Create and develop documentation and maintenance of necessary in-house information and data collection systems and standard routines applicable to compliance, security, and authorization policies. Interface with all levels of factory personnel and division resources to help provide effective solutions to business and operational problems.
- Plan, coordinate, configure, performance tune, administer and troubleshoot all in-house computer related hardware, software, database, network, communication, and multi-media systems. Perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting and formulate corrective actions.
- Maintain reliability and provide continuous improvement of factory floor solutions to support the goals and objectives of the manufacturing and distribution operation. Routinely consult to help create solutions to solve complex business problems and/or improve operational efficiencies.
- Respond to, define scope, guide, and help shape user's requests for new and enhanced information systems using sound business judgment. Understand business processes that utilize computer information technologies. Develop training material(s) for and train end users.
- Manage projects to ensure desired results, including on-time completion and within budget. Maintain accurate inventory of computer related hardware and software assets.
- Provide demand-based off hours technical support as per departmental off-hours support rotation schedule.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in applied information technology
- Education: Associate degree in Information Technology or related field
- Experience: 3+ years’ experience in applied information technology
- Systems operations (PC, Local Area Networking, SAP)
- Networking Technologies (Router, Switches, Access Points)
- Windows operating systems
- Various personal computer and peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, scanners, smartboards, etc.)
- Database design and query
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.Job: Senior IT Technician Primary Location: Zanesville, OH US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21005168