This job is archived
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the local community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers, and participation in public events. The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. 5.5 ounce cans are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
The Information Technology Specialist - I maintains reliability and functionality of in-house (factory floor and administrative) computer hardware and software systems. Coordination of deployment, installation, upgrade, and de-installation of desktop hardware and software. Coordination and resolution of user’s requests related to computer hardware and software issues. Provide low-level plant floor systems related support.
- Promote cost effective, high-performance computer technology that will provide continuous improvement to in-house productivity and efficiency.
- ontribute analytical and technical expertise regarding in-house computer related hardware and plant/business information technology. Understand business process that utilize computer information technology.
- Install, configure, performance tune, administer and troubleshoot all in-house computer related hardware and software.
- Comply with company data backup, disaster recovery, software licensing, security and authorization policies.
- Maintain audit record of Plant hardware/software. Maintain software licensing.
- Develop, document and maintain necessary in-house information and non-plant floor data collection systems.
- Respond to user’s requests for new and enhanced information technology using sound business judgment.
- Perform purchasing function for all systems related hardware, software and resources. Reconcile monthly purchasing activities.
- Provide demand-based off hours technical support as per departmental off-hours support rotation schedule.
- 2 year technical degree in computer science, computer technology, or related field and 6+ months of experience working in information systems/information technology.
- A high school diploma/GED and 2+ years of experience working in information systems/information technology.
- Knowledge in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Systems operations (PC, Local Area Networking, SAP)
- Windows operating systems
- Various personal computer and peripheral hardware (printers, copiers, scanners, smartboards, etc.)
- Familiarity with database design and query
- Familiarity with office and business information technology
- Familiarity with various word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.