This job is archived
This role will be a member of the Global BioDevice (GBD) Training and Support team at Zoetis, primarily working with the Technical Training and Operational Support Manager.
Embrex BioDevices, from Zoetis, were the first-ever in ovo vaccination technology placed in a poultry hatchery to vaccinate against diseases affecting the broiler industry. Thirty years later, that same hatchery is still using Embrex BioDevices, demonstrating our leadership, strong performance, and unmatched support to our customers. Globally, there are more than 650 devices across the world that vaccinate nearly 20 billion eggs per year.
The role’s primary responsibilities will be to assist the Technical Training & Operational Support Manager in developing and implementing electromechanical training aides, support documents and resources for Field Service Personnel (FSP) for their development and advancement with BioDevice and VMD equipment.
- Support in the creation of high impact / value electromechanical scenarios to identify competencies as well as areas of needed improvement
- Assist in the creation of associated documentation to support device processes and field modifications
- Assist in developing electromechanical troubleshooting guides
- Support Technical Training & Operational Support Manager in developing hands-on electromechanical training aides using PLCs, relays, switches, and sensors
- Support Technical Training & Operational Support Manager with in-person or remote training sessions on BioDevice components and sub-systems in both group and individual settings
- Utilizing MS Platform to document and track and trend mechanical issues
- Learn SAP to assist in Parts/Consumable orders
- Leverage knowledge of SharePoint to update BioDevice Training Site with new/relevant training content
- Work with Technical Training & Operational Support Manager to create relevant work instructions to help global FSPs consistently implement BioDevice related tasks
- Liaise with Engineering to identify solutions from identified problems and create technical bulletins
- Manage Global BioDevice Training Inbox and route issues/messages appropriately
- Engage in training as needed/necessary with FSPs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants should be currently enrolled and nearing completion in an associate or bachelors’ program within an accredited college or university. An electromechanical (EET) or computer science major is preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, SharePoint Designer
- Ability to understand and interpret electromechanical diagrams / schematics is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Analytical thinking
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in an office location at minimum 50% of the time
- Office location will require following all local and company COVID-19 guidelines
- Work environment may include field rides to customer sites and farm operations including (but not limited to) poultry hatcheries