Resting at 7,000 feet and surrounded by the San Francisco Peaks, the scenic city of Flagstaff remains an important distribution site for large manufacturers, like Nestlé Purina. Just a stone’s throw from downtown, where the city’s culture comes to life, our Nestlé Purina Family in Flagstaff experiences the best of both worlds: the city and the mountains. Annually, we mass manufacture 270,000 tons of dry pet food from our Dog Chow®, Beneful®, Nestlé Purina ONE®, Alpo® and Pro Plan® brands – and we’re doing it all underneath 70,000 square feet of solar panels to draw nearly 12 million kilowatt hours of clean emission-free solar electricity.
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Controls Tech Specialist II, you’ll be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC-based automation systems. In this role, you will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment and work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform Preventive Maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory.
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provide instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PLC-based HMI-systems
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 2+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PLC-based HMI-systems
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.