Nestlé Purina is expanding! Introducing Nestlé Purina’s newest factory in the U.S. – in Hartwell, Georgia – just shy of 110 miles northeast of Atlanta. We opened a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2019 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Nestlé Purina family by 2023. With more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before; all while distributing the Nestlé Purina brands our customers trust and pets love!
At Nestlé Purina PetCare, we’re a “safety first” culture, driven by a zero accident, zero defect, zero waste mentality. As a Controls Tech Specialist I, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC-based automation systems. In this role, you will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment, and work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
- Perform troubleshooting of automation systems and provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to the maintenance staff.
- Execute plant projects and capital projects through conception to completion.
- Maintain an up-to-date and complete set of as-built electrical and controls documentation.
- Coordinate and implement control system software upgrades.
- Perform Network Administration and Data Administration tasks for networked, PC based, control systems related equipment.
- Develop, read, and interpret all electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and programs essential to plant operation; provide updates as necessary.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High School Diploma / GED and 3+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and 1+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.