Clinton, IA has been home to one of our factories since 1969 – a proud producer of Pro Plan®, Purina ONE Beyond®, Purina Veterinary Diets®, Beggin®, T-Bonz® and Whisker Lickins® among other varieties. When you join the Purina plant at Clinton, IA you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
As a Controls Tech Specialist I, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC-based automation systems. In this role, you will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment, and work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
- Configure, program and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform preventive maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
- Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline AND 1+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
- High School Diploma/ GED AND 3+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PLC-based HMI-systems
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] [Register to View] or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View] .
Job: Controls Technical Specialist I Primary Location: Clinton, IA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=21004910