This job is archived
This customer facing, field based position is responsible for providing technical support to Sales and Marketing for our company's Animal Health products specific to the US Ruminant business, with a primary focus on the Dairy Industry. Responsibilities include providing technical support for Ruminant products and programs thru decision support tool development. Primary focus will be to analyze factors affecting profitability of customer dairy and beef operations. This role will work with all stakeholders including, Merck Animal Health Sales, Merck Animal Health Intelligence, Veterinarians and producers with a focus on developing decision tools through analyzing monitoring, herd health, production and economic data. Position will be required to maintain contact with key industry professionals to include academic, veterinary related individuals or groups. Additional duties will include attending and presenting in prominent industry scientific meetings.
- Deliver a high level of technical expertise, service and support to our company's AH Ruminant sales in North America. Assure those services are provided within corporate objectives and within budget guidelines.
- Technical service includes but is not limited to: Analyzing factors affecting profitability of dairy and beef operations, developing decision tools, and analyzing herd health, production, and economic data. In addition, helping to develop economic analysis of research study outcomes and development of tools to aid in decision making for various products and/or product placement. Also, will help develop economic support tools based off farm data and technology data.
- Travel will compose at a minimum 50% of incumbent’s time. Travel responsibilities will be prioritized by value of customer and return of travel investment. Territory is entire US, home base can be located anywhere in US
- Participate as a scientific speaker on the agenda of key Ruminant industry meetings where needed by communicating non-proprietary company research and representing our company's AH as a source of highly valuable technical expertise, with a primary focus on the dairy industry.
- Assist research and development team with product evaluation thru economic modeling/decision support tools.
- Obtain information regarding customer needs through various channels, networking and customer visits, providing feedback to prioritize research and development needs
- Work with the marketing team on key business initiatives to aid in development of technical and marketing brochures for our company's AH products and economic tools/projections.
- Act as a liaison between prominent researchers in university, government and private settings to supply our company's AH with stream of information regarding innovative products and developments within the research world especially in the area of data analytics.
- Communicate between various our company's AH departments, as needed, to aid in decision making of various products and services utilizing and or developing decisions support tools.
- Provide Sales force training on relevant outcomes from decision support tools developed to aid in product implementation and or on farm management decision making for external customers.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M) degree or PhD in Cattle specific animal science or Agriculture Economics
Required Experience and Skills**:
- Must have minimum of 5 years related dairy cattle veterinary and/or animal science experience.
- Advanced degree in data analytics and or economics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to digest extremely technical information and present it in understandable terms to lay people.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Field experience in dairy cattle production and/or ruminant medicine preferred
- If the successful candidate is a DVM and a license in at least one state is preferred
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:Remote Work
Valid Driving License:Yes
Number of Openings:1