This job is archived
The Technical Trainer Specialist (TTS) for the Terminally Sterilized Value Stream is a liaison between the production work teams and other enabling support teams for repairs, preventative maintenance, training and continuous improvement across all shifts.
The job includes establishing and improving processes by using lean thinking and lean manufacturing applications for a three-shift operation (including weekends). The TTS will initiate and lead efforts in root cause problem solving and implementation of effective corrective/preventative actions by using Lean tools such as: M1 problem solving, Zoetis Human Performance Analysis, Process FMEA, and systematic trouble shooting.
The TTS will demonstrate leadership through working with key enabling functions in Plant Engineering/Maintenance, Quality, Production Scheduling/Planning, Procurement, and Technical Services. The TTS will also work alongside the production work teams to ensure that applicable safety guidelines/policies are followed and that all tasks are performed in accordance with appropriate processing standards such as FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Responsibilities May Include:
- Ensure that all cGMP requirements are met for procedures and logs
- Serve as technical subject matter expert for the work team on equipment-related deviations
- Serve as area expert on safe work permits
- Work closely with maintenance scheduler to coordinate preventative maintenance wheels and/or planned shutdowns
- Establish policies and procedures to further support effective management of all equipment and systems
- Continuous learning of OpEx programs, systems and tools
- Track line performance using percent to standard, OEE, etc. and address issues and implement improvement initiatives
- Ensure that Equipment and Maintenance logs are accurate and complete
- Ensure that Operator Care and Calibration is performed to plan and documented accurately for all equipment, including maintaining standard work
- Initiates and tracks green tags/work orders
- Work with procurement and packaging engineering to monitor component issues and conduct feasibility assessments/line trials as needed
- Assist engineers with routine tasks on automated inspection equipment, including validation, recipes, and tuning
- Assist operators with non-routine tasks on automated inspection equipment, including breakdowns and troubleshooting
- Able to perform other duties as required
- Coordinate and/or perform On the Job Training (OJT) related to all line and equipment cleaning, care, inspection, and operation, including creating and maintaining job aids
- Able to initiate and facilitate problem solving and training sessions for operator care
- Ability to communicate training effectively
- Work with area leadership and training coordinators to maintain training documentation and short/long-term plans, while providing feedback and periodic reviews
- Understand philosophy and techniques of training (Train the Trainer)
- Knowledgeable of EBR PAS/X systems
- Work with engineering by participating in developing equipment specifications, user requirements, capital scope development, and qualification activities
- Lead/support implementation and validation of equipment and systems
- Responsible for issuing PO’s for purchase of parts for repairs and consumable items
- Investigate potential material defects and submit complaints to vendors as necessary
- Identify waste and lead continuous improvement projects in the work areas
- Participate in process confirmation and GEMBA walks
- Work cross-functionally with other area and site TTS’s
Required skills, education, and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with an Associate’s Degree in technically related field of study preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic math and reading comprehension.
- Effective communication and demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Strong mechanical abilities.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot and make minor repairs on production equipment and/or tooling.
- Mechanical reasoning skills that will be essential for troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of cGMPs and production practices.
- Ability to read and understand drawings / blueprints / manuals / user guides, utilizing this knowledge for the inspection / repair of equipment.
- Demonstrated use of precision measuring devices and the ability to use shop tools. Ex. Grinder, buffer, polisher.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement work environment; 5S, visual schedule, PDCA, M1, etc.
- Ability to train on area SOP’s/OJT’s- equipment, process, paperwork
- Experience in working with a technical writer for creating and maintaining documentation
Physical and Time requirements
- Routine lifting of 20-50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Flexible hours and overtime up to every other weekend may be required.
- Expected to respond to off-hour phone calls.
- Hearing, eye, and other personal protective equipment may be required.
- Candidates cannot be allergic to Cephalosporin/Penicillin