This job is archived
Location: TX, LA, OK or AR preferred location
The Diagnostics Technical Specialist (DTS) provides onsite support to veterinary clinics, laboratory research, and veterinary academic settings and are responsible for the overall business health and customer satisfaction of their assigned territories. Their primary purpose is to assist clinics with all aspects of implementation, training, operation, applications, and problem resolution on all veterinary diagnostics products. The specialist will be involved in all phases of the onsite support process with emphasis on diagnostics implementation, workflow improvements, and increasing utilization of diagnostic products.
Anticipated travel within assigned territory as required (up to 60%-70%).
This is an exciting opportunity to learn the job, perform at a high level with a highly talented team. The job could lead to a permanent position. Candidate must be open to relocation if permanent position is offered.
- Responsible for the success of the relationship with assigned clinics in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and company to improve utilization, increase adoption, and minimize implementation time of diagnostic products.
- Responsible for identifying, quantifying, qualifying, tracking, and evaluating clinic pain points; and, for facilitating, developing, designing and implementing clinic workflow processes that improve overall customer experience with diagnostic products.
- Responds to requests for onsite technical support, providing prompt and accurate technical assistance, troubleshooting, and resolution of complex system problems for veterinary clinics, laboratory research, and veterinary academic settings.
- Provides clinics with guidance, instruction, and training on the product line to increase productivity and performance through formal and informal presentations.
- Provides post sale product installation and validation, applications and operations training.
- Completes daily activity documentation, including detailed reports after customer visits, by collecting, analyzing and summarizing all available information including detailed satisfaction information.
- Must possess superb customer service skills, be able to work independently, make appropriate decisions with accuracy, timeliness, and complete follow-through.
- Must understand general veterinary clinic operations including but not limited to diagnostic applications, financial limitations, training requirements, and workflow processes.
- Must have the ability to create and deliver training presentations clearly and effectively in both formal and informal environments.
- Works closely with the Area Business Manager (ABMs) and Diagnostic Solutions Consultant (DSCs) to provide appropriate customer service in a team approach.
- Works with the ABM and DSC teams to identify and report opportunities for additional analyzers in customer accounts as well as new opportunities through referrals from existing customers.
- Ability to safely lift and move 60 lbs
Education and Experience
- Position requires an Associate’s degree with a Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- A degree from a Veterinary Technology Program preferred
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician preferred
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Basic computer skills (ie. Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe)
- At least one year of experience working in a clinical setting.
- Basic knowledge of animal disease states preferred.
- Knowledge of diagnostic products, instrumentation, and clinic processes
- Candidate must possess an analytical mindset and demonstrable critical thinking skills
- Must have the availability and willingness to travel up to 80% of work week and flexible to accommodate customer visit requests.
- This position requires travel to multiple locations within the US and Canada.
- Typically works standard business hours, Monday through Friday.
- May be required to travel on a Sunday to be at a customer location Monday morning.
- Bilingual, Spanish or French is a plus