Nestled in southeast Missouri, Bloomfield is a small town with a rich history – and we’ve been proud to call Bloomfield home to one of our litter factories since 1995. This factory was the first to produce Lightweight® litter, which has revolutionized the category within the pet care industry – a product that weighs half the amount of conventional litter. Unique to this factory is an overhead bridge that allows full pallets of finished products to be conveyed to the distribution warehouse just north of the factory. This innovation, in conjunction with various others, played a meaningful role in Nestlé Purina earning the Malcolm Baldrige Award in manufacturing. In 2020, our Bloomfield factory will undergo a 110,000-square-foot expansion in processing and packaging. This is a $115 million investment, allowing Nestlé Purina to meet the growing demand from cat owners. With short commutes to St. Louis, Kansas City and the Lake of the Ozarks—you can enjoy day-trips to popular attractions nearby or take pride in the great schools, local businesses and tight-knit community Bloomfield has to offer.
As a Controls Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and enhancing the accuracy, reliability and system control’s data credibility of PLC and PC-based automation systems. In this role, you will oversee PLC upgrades and wiring modifications on production equipment, and work directly with our maintenance team to troubleshoot and support production line modifications.
- Configure, program, and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
- Perform preventive maintenance for controls and organize electrical/control parts inventory
- Provide programming and electrical support on plant capital projects
- Implement control systems software upgrade
- Provides instrumentation, PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware support to plant maintenance staff
- High School Diploma/ GED AND 3+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PLC-based HMI-systems
- Associate degree in a technical discipline AND 1+ years of applicable experience in PLC software and hardware troubleshooting and/or PC-based HMI-systems
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.