This job is archived
Provides first line of response to address technical/process issues within the Process Team, and coordinates/ supports the engagement of the Technical Support organization as needed. Ensures engagement of the Global Manufacturing Technical support team (GMT) to conduct investigations and/or provide technical assistance in the preparation of QARs or yield improvements as appropriate based on degree of difficulty. Supports/coordinates the Biological Manufacturing Outline Review program.
- Participate with GMT and VMRD as the manufacturing role in the coordination, document preparation, and introduction of new production processes as well as site to site transfers to Manufacturing.
- Take the manufacturing lead in the introduction of new processes or modifications to existing processes as supported by GMT.
- Assist and provide deep technical and biological expertise to Process Team process improvement discussions (e.g., as part of Gemba walks) to improve process reliability, robustness, cost, and efficiency.
- Provide technical support for QAR investigation, utilizing Right First Time (RFT) tools and scientific reasoning.
- Investigate process excursions/deviations and production issues to ensure corrective actions are identified and implemented to eliminate the root cause of the problem, engaging BSG as appropriate.
- Lead effective project teams and/or investigational teams as necessary and serve as Point of Contact for the BSG investigations team.
- Lead/coordinate Outline of Production annual review program for Biological Manufacturing.
- Review production data in order to identify opportunities for yield/process improvement, collaborating with the Production Controller and Operational Excellence.
- Perform technical evaluation and implementation of GMT initiatives to ensure robust process improvements and transfers.
Level of the job will be determined by the successful candidate.
Education and Experience
BS in Biological sciences, MA/MS preferred. Preference given to applicants with relevant experience in biological production and/or aseptic manufacturing.
- Bachelors Degree in in Microbiology, Virology, Immunology, Biological Systems Engineering or Chemical Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience Requirements: Associate level -- 2 years experience in manufacturing; Specialist level – 4 years technical support experience; Senior level – 8 years technical support experience.
- A working knowledge of vaccine production methods and experimental design and experience in GLP or cGMP.
Exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, noise, live steam, temperature fluctuations, biohazards, continuous standing and lifting to a maximum of 50 lbs.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.