This job is archived
The Reproductive Services Team Lead is a unique role that requires a professional who not only has the capacity to be a fully accountable site operations lead for our reproductive freezer storage business but also someone who is a customer obsessed leader that partner with the sales lead responsible for the Reproductive team’s objectives and revenue targets for the business. The Team Lead will ultimately be the site lead and also a people manager, a team (~4) Zoetis Reproductive Service Specialists responsible for the storage and processing of domestic and international shipments of frozen equine and canine semen for Zoetis storage customers. Additionally, the Team Lead will also leverage the broader Zoetis organization by collaborating cross-functionally to support achievement of the overall Repro team goals.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our positive company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. When it comes to our culture, our Core Beliefs are the foundation of the commitments we make to our colleagues, customers and stakeholders every day. They have helped us create an award-winning workplace and become a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Lead regular team meetings to drive communication and collaboration among team
- Partner with Repro Sales and Marketing leads
- Actively participate in Zoetis meetings and conference calls
- Support Zoetis key business strategies and services
- Complete weekly schedule for Cryogenic Lab responsibilities including tank fills, thaws, check-ins and shipping
- Proactively manage escalated customer inquiries or issues
- Manage inventory discrepancies as needed
- Ensure monthly billing of storage customers is completed in a timely manner
- Monitor Five9 Supervisor Desk Top for Repro Services Specialist call availability
- Lead SOP and Safety training to ensure compliance and safety of the site and colleagues
- Manage maintenance schedule and calibration of liquid nitrogen tanks and oxygen sensors
- Manage maintenance and testing of security and tank alarm system
- Answer and respond to after-hours alarm calls from building security and alarm system monitoring service
- Submit and approve invoices for utilities and site services
- Update site permits annually including the Kansas City Business license, and Operational Fire Department permit
- Submit annual Tier 2 Report to EPA
- Coordinate with waste vendor to arrange pick up and disposal of biological waste as needed
- Monitor liquid nitrogen supply, report tank levels to provider and approve invoices
- Assist Zoetis business team to drive cost saving improvement with liquid nitrogen supplier
- Lead in the update and creation of SOP’s and related documents as needed
- Monitor and order semen processing, storage and shipping supplies
- Participate on annual and quarterly USDA Inspections
- Monitor annual testing of Dewar inventory to ensure equipment maintains expected temperature duration
- Participate on regular calls with the Secure Lineage Team. Secure Lineage manages semen inventory, customer information.
- Coordinate and schedule the USDA Veterinarian onsite to seal and document international shipments
- Assist team in maintaining up-to-date regulatory requirements for domestic and international shipments to effectively assist customers and colleagues with outbound and incoming shipments, and storage of frozen semen.
- Ensure team maintains knowledge of relevant Reproduction Services related products, services and practices.
- Coordinate with Freeze Center Training Facility and new Freeze Centers to schedule training
- Assist the team as needed to process and document shipments, semen dispositions, credits, transfers and thaws accurately
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate Degree or Experience will be considered
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Customer Service required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as laboratory, veterinary or insemination technician required
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- SAP experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft WORD, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Adobe Pro experience preferred
- Effective written and oral communications required
- Ability to successfully meet Board of Pharmacy background requirements.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination for manipulating small objects required
- Must be able to lift to 40 lbs.