Zoetis, the world leader in animal health, is in the process of vastly expanding its portfolio of connected Diagnostics solutions for our veterinary customers and delivering Digital Products that address our customers’ connectivity needs and provide meaningful data analytics insights to multiple stakeholders.
For our team within Diagnostic Mobility and Connectivity Solutions, we are seeking a Technical Lead to drive the software development of our IoT ecosystem connected components, that enables our omnichannel Digital Diagnostic Ecosystem. The Ecosystem consists of Zoetis-supplied point-of-care diagnostic analyzer and controller devices located in veterinary clinics, centralized reference laboratories, Zoetis’s cloud backends, 3rd party practice information management systems (PIMS), and the interconnections among the above components.
In this role, you will work in leading the software development across all the lifecycle phases, in coordination with our multidisciplinary team of Technical Product Owners, Product Managers, User Experience designers, Software Engineers and Verification Engineers.
- Drive the design, prototype phase, and support the development and maturing including securing), and maintaining (including analytics, monitoring) applications with components such as core applications and cloud backends, front end UIs, client and server modules for APIs (to also support web & mobile applications), database management
- Experienced in driving technical alignment across multiple teams
- Maximize the (re)use of existing platform software, Microsoft Azure PaaS services and the Azure IoT platform, to ensure speed-to-market and focus of solution delivery
- Adopt modern software development best practices, including Agile and DevOps
- Present designs and implementations to other teams to demonstrate how the requirement are being met with solution design and specifications
- Engage closely with the Data and Data Platform Engineering teams to deliver solutions that effectively leverage the Digital Data and Analytics Platform
- Stay current in relation to novel technologies and techniques, with focus on new Azure services; identify opportunities to apply them for the new and existing solutions
- Build and transition from external vendors the comprehensive SDLC environment into a new Zoetis environment (code repository, continuous integration, test automation, deployment automation)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Coding skills in strongly typed languages such as .NET/C#/Java & NodeJS/Typescript for web and server applications, and in front end technologies such as Angular and React.js
- Deep experience in development of RESTful server applications
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms and PaaS services, i.e. AWS, and in particular Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with integrating in IoT frameworks
- Experience in a range of database systems, from traditional RDBMS/SQL to NoSQL and other scalable databases technologies
- Experience with Linux operations
- Experience with Software Agile environments with Digital products software development
- Passion for solving complex problems and making a difference
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and work with cross-functional teams while thriving in a fast-paced growing company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which includes the ability to present complex topics to non-technical audiences as well as speak to architecture at a high- level and drive.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in a closely related field and role
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading teams, code reviews and setting best standards/practices.
- Experience in omnichannel IoT Digital products a plus
- Familiarity with Veterinary Diagnostics and regulated medical environments a plus