- Responsible for development and execution of electrical and controls scope on capital projects including software and hardware design and design reviews in coordination with local staff engineers and corporate engineering.
- Responsible for identifying and executing continuous improvement projects and resolving recurring issues in order to increase overall plant effectiveness.
- Provides advanced electrical and controls support, including PLC and HMI/SCADA software and hardware updates and troubleshooting, to maintenance and operations as-required to maintain production.
- Coordinates support efforts with I.S. department on critical PC based systems that affect control system operation.
- Provides after-hours on call support on rotating monthly schedule, generally one week per month
Education: Associate’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology related field.
Experience and Skills (Years/Type): Minimum 1 year of applicable experience in PLC and HMI software development and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Controls Technical Specialist I/II Primary Location: Fairburn, GA US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20006328