Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
4 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
The Lincoln Procurement team is seeking a person who will execute and provide oversight of sourcing activities across multiple categories of expense spend for our Lincoln, NE and Whitehall, IL facilities. Will negotiate contracts, lead RFx processes, be accountable for financial goals of the department and platform, and will work with internal stakeholders across the site to reduce costs, drive standardization, optimize inventory levels, and implement continuous improvement ideas. This position will also be responsible for supporting Raw Material and Packaging Category leaders with projects, spend analytics, various ad hoc reporting, department metrics, and executing the printed packaging set up process with direction from the Packaging Category leader.
Prepares competitive bid packages and leads competitive bidding activities, including supplier due diligence, price negotiations and supplier onboarding and oversight across multiple expense categories. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Evaluates market trends and generates reports. Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to identify factors that impact prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. May have experience with and perform contract negotiation and contract maintenance to ensure that company objectives are achieved. Communicates daily with various levels, groups and colleagues throughout the organization. Manages and communicates department metrics weekly. Supports annual budget, financial reporting processes and printed packaging artwork process.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related business/technical field. 2-3 years’ experience in sourcing indirect materials or other categories will be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong facilitation skills in assessing technical and business issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience in ERP or Purchase to Pay system, SAP and Ariba knowledge a plus
- Ability to build and lead project teams to address procurement opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure. Shows attention to detail. Excellent Data Entry skills.
Technical Skills and Competencies
Knowledge of applicable technical standards, techniques, principles, theories, concepts and Zoetis processes and industry practices/standards. Knowledge of basic leadership principles. Focus is on leading/overseeing defined processes.
Provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Operates within established Procurement policies.
Works under minimal supervision. Follows established procedures. Recommends actions. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
Physical Position Requirements
- Position is mostly office work, (remote and in person) with filing and other light activities as necessary.
- This position requires sitting, standing, and walking with occasional overtime/weekend work.
- Must wear appropriate gowning and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in manufacturing/production areas.
- The work conditions for the position are greater than 50% stationary with periodic standing and walking throughout the workday.
- The colleague may be required to travel.