This job is archived
The Platform Supply Planning Manager (PSP) has overall responsibility for all assigned products (SKUs) at a certain site or network of sites. Their primary role is to ensure and improve product supply to customers.
The PSPM orchestrates the overall supply chain for their products end-to-end from the sources of raw materials and critical components all the way to the end customers. He identifies and addresses long-term, medium-term and short-term supply chain risks and is a change agent for supply chain improvements along the supply chains and underlying value streams for their products.
The PSPM is also accountable for the management of the Rough Cut Capacity Planning, Master Production Planning and the Constrained Supply Planning with the support of BT systems.
The PSPM supports the S&OP process. The PSPM summarizes actions, for their site and follows through on key supply/capacity decisions.
The PSPM will actively participate in any change activities such as new product introductions, site transfers, packaging changes, format harmonization, etc. to optimize supply and minimize business impact from a supply perspective. The PSPM facilitates the respective discussions to resolve problems with manufacturing site and Demand Planners.
- Establish and maintain long-term capacity and volume plans and drive the resolution of identified gaps
- Identify opportunities in supply planning, product formats, inventory management, campaigning strategy, to improve SCL performance in key areas such as reliability, lead times, responsiveness, cost, on-time delivery, inventory levels
- Coordinate the establishment and maintenance of Service Level Agreements with Sites, Markets and different service providers
- Define and maintain the supply chain setup and associated supply chain parameters to fulfilll these Service Level Agreements
- Monitor site/supply performance against KPIs. Identify and understand trends in performance & identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide the data to support the Global Supply reviews for their site and follow appropriate action from reviews
- Collaborate with site to understand root causes of supply issues, define, and follow through corrective actions plans
- Analyze demand evolutions and the capacity impacts on a mid-term horizon (M+3 to M+23)
- Simulate different scenarios on the production bottlenecks taking into account business priorities
- Challenge production constraints to optimize the plans
- Provide a monthly Master Production Plan (MPS) for the Semi finished Product (SFP) and the Finished Product (FP), taking into account specific configuration (e.g. 3 shifts…), bottlenecks capacities and the business priorities (demand type, products priorities) (frozen horizon vs slush vs liquid)
- Validate the allocation of quantities into the regions; translate business priorities in case of production problems or shortages. Measure adherence versus allocations.
- Analyze the « feasibility of changing demands » expressed inside the frozen period
- Advise on and maintain key planning parameters to optimize the supply chain performance
- Champion standard ways of performing the planning, SCA evaluation and other core processes.
- Develop baseline volumes for assigned products in support of annual site budget process and advise on volume sensitivities.
- Manage communications with the Demand Planners to ensure seamless and efficient flow of information between sites and markets.
- Collaborate with site procurement & API Planning team to ensure alignment on long range API demand, site API inventory levels and short/medium API availability to support MPS.
Performance Indicators (KPIs may change over time to meet evolving business needs)
- Accountable for maintaining inventory levels within pre-defined limits.
- Accountable for Service Level –e.g Fill Rate, stock-out duration
- Evaluate Slow moving items and actions on those.
- Minimum 5 years experiences in supply chain with knowledge on logistics+ 2/3 years in business working in an international organization with a fast evolving environment.
- Bachelors required with Masters or MBA preferred
- Proficiency in English