Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
The position has direct responsibilities for the Warehousing and Logistics functions related to Lincoln Operations including the organizational performance, inventory management, and regulatory compliance of the Kingbird facility.
- Primary management of the warehousing functions for Lincoln Operations
- Primary management of logistical operations of Finished Products for the Lincoln Kingbird facility to Zoetis logistics centers, partnered manufacturing sites (internal & external), and customers sourced through Lincoln Manufacturing.
- Responsible to ensure material storage and handling, inventory management, and operating procedures are compliant with internal policies, external regulatory requirements and inventory management of materials and products at the site
- Support Research & Development, Manufacturing Technical Services, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Demand Management to ensure new product introductions are efficient and support the business goals.
- Manages warehousing Standard Operating Procedures are current, aligned with Zoetis practices, and complied with. As necessary, ensures quality or regulatory issues and required corrective actions are addressed expeditiously.
- Assist in ensuring all levels of product and materials inventories are maintained at levels consistent Principal Company objectives, policies, and guidelines.
- Ensure Material Management ERP / MRP master data is maintained and for warehousing functions.
- Provides support as needed to all Lincoln Operations sites and Process Teams in utilizing ERP / MRP systems efficiently and effectively.
- Manages and coordinates contract off site storage requirements for overflow.
- Manages and coordinates the purchasing and inventory of warehousing materials used to ship and store Finished Goods
- Assists in the management of freight and transportation contracts and agreements to ensure the quality of the materials are not compromised and costs are maintained within operational budgets.
- Supports Procurement and Purchasing groups for returned goods and credits.
- Supports Lincoln Operations, ensuring proper processing of material destruction and inventory adjustment requirements resulting from quality defects and or obsolescence.
- Lincoln Manufacturing Operations Leadership
- Global Supply Chain Management including Zoetis Principal Companies
- Regional Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
- Regional and Local Finance
- Regional and Local Procurement
- Regional and Local Regulatory and Quality Operations
- Lincoln Supply Chain & Materials Management: Lincoln Operations Planning and Scheduling
- Lincoln Operations Manufacturing
- Full / Part-time Time Warehousing colleagues
- Contingent / temporary colleagues as required*
*in support of short term (less than 12 months) initiatives and or short-term resources constraints temporary colleague(s) may report directly to the Planning and Scheduling Manager -TL
Education and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Life Sciences, Engineering, or related disciplines applicable to Supply Chain, Logistics and Global Manufacturing.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and/or Marketing.
- Multi-lingual preferred
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of production, inventory and planning systems currently deployed in Zoetis including SAP, APO, RCCP, Aera, Business Objects, and others.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in utilizing analytical tools, spreadsheets, and databases to develop reports for strategic planning and communication.
- Proven ability to lead, synchronize and motivate colleagues to meet short- and long-term objectives.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze and implement new methodologies in support of improving customer service, inventory management, and business alignment.
- Demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team matrix environment and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and principles preferred
- APICS training preferred
Physical Position Requirements
The work conditions for the position are greater than 50% stationary with periodic standing and walking through out the workday(s). The colleague(s) may be required to travel and or work greater than 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays to support the business.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.