Zoetis is the world’s largest Manufacturer and Supplier of Animal Pharmaceuticals.
At Zoetis in Lincoln, NE, we manufacture high quality medicines for dogs, cats, and livestock. Our plant has been recognized as one of the Nebraska’s Safest Companies, with a long-standing presence in Lincoln and we continue to grow.
Great Health Benefits from day 1!
3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 13 paid holidays
401(k) match with company profit sharing
Manage and directly support specific Manufacturing Planning and Scheduling functions related to the Lincoln Operations and the Principal Company objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Primary lead for all Manufacturing Planning & Scheduling related functions within Lincoln Operations
- Manage and Support Planning and Scheduling functions for Lincoln Operations ensuring local and global supply and inventory objectives are maintained.
- Interface with all internal functions to ensure product supply meets our customers’ requirements in economically and efficiently.
- Develop/maintain metrics for Schedule Attainment to measure, manage and continually improve product supply to our customers.
- Develop and lead Planning and Scheduling meetings as well as communicates with all internal stakeholders to ensure knowledge and alignment across the manufacturing operations.
- Supports interfaces between Lincoln Manufacturing Operations, Zoetis Commercial and Zoetis Principal Companies.
- Supports Global S&OP processes for Lincoln Operations assuring accurate and efficient communications with commercial regions, individual markets, and the Principal Companies.
- Supports the Lincoln Operations S&OP processes to assure alignment of Lincoln Operations with local, regional, and global business targets, objectives, and business trends.
- Supports Research & Development, Manufacturing Technical Services, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Demand Management to ensure new product introductions are efficient and support the business goals.
- Liaison between Quality Assurance, Regulatory, and Commercial business units to assure quality and or regulatory issues and changes are addressed expeditiously and adequately.
- Ensures all levels of product and materials inventories are planned, scheduled, and maintained at levels consistent Principal Company policies and guidelines as well as Supply Chain Agreements with individual markets for Lincoln Operations.
- Ensure Material Management ERP / MRP systems are maintained and aligned with Principal Company guidelines, Lincoln Operations Sourcing Agreements, Logistics and Manufacturing efficiency objectives, and Quality / Regulatory requirements.
- Provide support as needed to all Lincoln Operations sites and Process Teams in utilizing ERP / MRP systems efficiently and effectively.
- Supports the consolidated Lincoln Operations unit volume forecast for financial latest estimate and annual budget purposes.
- Supports the development of volume forecast to support the annual budget for Lincoln Operations.
- Supports the development of monthly volume estimates supporting the analysis of Lincoln Operation performance to budget and alignment with market dynamics.
- Develop, measure, and report performance metrics and key indicators on short to mid-range (less than 3 months) volume and inventory objectives
- Develop and maintain short to mid-range capacity models for Lincoln Operations Process Teams and Unit Operations.
- Primary contact for Lincoln Operations for Strategic Scheduling related to capacity and volume projections.
- Communicate with Operations Leadership and Manufacturing Units the monthly capacity requirements based upon demands and operational knowledge.
- Assist in the development of strategies to alleviate capacity constraints or underutilization within Lincoln Operations.
- Proactively manages projected shortages of materials to alleviate or minimize disruptions to manufacturing schedule attainment and product supply.
- Proactively manages projected excesses of materials to alleviate or minimize obsolescence and cost to the business.
- Partners with Global and Local Procurement / Purchasing groups to manage vendor changes and or additions.
- Lincoln Manufacturing Operations Leadership
- Lincoln Supply Chain & Materials Management Director
- Global Supply Chain Management including Zoetis Principal Companies & Platform Supply Management
- Regional Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
- Regional and Local Finance
- Regional and Local Procurement
- Regional and Local Regulatory and Quality Operations
- Lincoln Supply Chain & Materials Management: Materials Management / Warehousing and Lincoln Operations Planning and Scheduling
- Lincoln Operations Manufacturing
- Full / Part-time Time Manufacturing Planning & Scheduling Team
- Contingent / temporary colleagues as required*
*in support of short term (less than 12 months) initiatives and or short-term resources constraints temporary colleague(s) may report directly to the Planning and Scheduling Manager -TL
Education and Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Life Sciences, Engineering, or related disciplines applicable to Supply Chain, Logistics and Global Manufacturing.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and/or Marketing.
- Multi-lingual preferred
Technical Skills and Competencies Required
- Strong knowledge and practical experience of production, inventory and planning systems currently deployed in Zoetis including SAP, APO, RCCP, Aera, Business Objects, and others.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in utilizing analytical tools, spreadsheets, and databases to develop reports for strategic planning and communication.
- Proven ability to lead, synchronize and motivate colleagues to meet short- and long-term objectives.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze and implement new methodologies in support of improving customer service, inventory management, and business alignment.
- Demonstrated ability to function and influence in a team matrix environment and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and principles preferred
- APICS training preferred
Physical Position Requirements
The work conditions for the position are greater than 50% stationary with periodic standing and walking through out the workday(s). The colleague(s) may be required to travel and or work greater than 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays to support the business.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.