This job is archived
The Material Handler 1 is responsible for shipping and receiving duties in accordance with all operating, Quality, compliance, and safety procedures.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions; it does not describe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items; compares identifying information and verifies against bills of landing, invoices, orders or other records.
- Examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages, and documents findings.
- Prepares material for shipment according to procedure and makes corresponding entries in computer systems.
- Assembles appropriate containers; inserts material into container using spacer, fillers or other protective materials; binds container closed using appropriate method; labels container with identifying information and/or end user information.
- Assists in loading and unloading of trucks.
- Distributes or delivers incoming items to appropriate department or stockroom.
- Operates material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, hand trucks, forklifts, dollies and other related equipment.
- Participates in routine cycle counting.
- Tags new stock with part numbers and/or other identifying elements.
- Signs for incoming shipments received.
- Fills orders and issues material and supplies per request; documents transaction according to established procedure.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Required to lift up to 60lbs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred, but not required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and follow operating procedures,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds on a routine basis.
- Computer proficiency with email, computer training; and Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to follow established policies, practices, procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, incumbent must be able to access all areas of the facility. May routinely lift up to 60 pounds, and will utilize certain Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to, hard hats, safety (“steel-toed”) shoes, eye protection, gloves, and/or protective clothing.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at [Register to View] to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of [Register to View] In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.