This job is archived
Procurement Systems: Serves as Site subject matter expert on Procurement Strategy and execution of 1. Primary and Secondary Packaging or 2. Raw Material Categories and associated components. Will negotiate contracts, lead RFx processes, be accountable for financial goals of the department and platform, work with Production and other internal stakeholders on problem identification and resolution and quality issues plus drive continuous improvement efforts from supplier as well as supporting new products and new product launches. Executes the item add and Material Evaluation Process as well as leads change management processes. Seeks to identify and implement continuous improvement to systems that Procurement interfaces with.
Procurement Sourcing: Leads the sourcing and contracting of raw material or packaging materials, parts and/or supplies necessary for operation of the organization. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. May prepare competitive bid packages, reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, approve orders, and maintains necessary records. May have experience with and perform contract negotiation and contract maintenance to ensure that company objectives are achieved. Communicates on a daily basis with various levels, groups, and colleagues throughout the organization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Chemistry, or related business/technical field.
- One to three years procurement experience
- Negotiating skills and knowledge of procurement procedures
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong facilitation skills in assessing technical and business issues forming and building teams to address procurement opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Technical Skills and Competencies
Knowledge of applicable technical standards, techniques, principles, theories, concepts and Zoetis processes and industry practices/standards. Knowledge of basic leadership principles. Focus is on leading/overseeing defined processes.
Provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance. Operates within established Procurement policies.
Works under minimal supervision. Follows established procedures. Recommends actions. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment, overall adequacy, and accuracy.
Physical Position Requirements
- Position is mostly office work, (remote and in person) with filing and other light activities as necessary.
- This position requires sitting, standing, and walking with occasional overtime/weekend work.
- Must wear appropriate gowning and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in manufacturing/production areas.
- The work conditions for the position are greater than 50% stationary with periodic standing and walking throughout the workday.
- The colleague may be required to travel.