This job is archived
This role reports to the MFA/API/Nutrition Platform Procurement Leader and will lead all procurement activities (Commodities, Raw Materials, Packaging, Indirect & Capital) for two US Medicated Feed Additive (MFA) sites to ensure uninterrupted supply of quality materials and services in the most cost-effective manner. In addition to the site procurement responsibilities, this role will take a lead in developing & executing strategic (alternate) sourcing plans for raw/packaging material subcategories. Incumbent acts as part of the Site Leadership team and drives site initiatives to reduce the costs of purchased goods and services while maintaining quality standards. She/he ensures that all Procurement activities are carried out in an ethical manner and in compliance with all Zoetis policies. Primary accountabilities are:
- Ensuring that suppliers provide products and services to timing and quality standards required. Commodities (soy, corn, oleic acid etc) form majority of the supply in terms of both volume and value.
- Generating and updating a cost reduction plan and budget for the site by collaborating closely with supply chain lead, finance lead and suppliers
- Ensuring the execution of planned and opportunistic cost reduction initiatives to deliver and exceed budget.
Key measures will include all aspects of cost: savings achievement, impact upon budget, material availability and supplier performance.
Sourcing & Supply
- Ensure timely supply of high quality direct materials to the manufacturing sites
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure that acute and chronic supplier performance issues are addressed to avoid disruption to manufacturing or supply
- Proactively identify risks (quality, delivery, cost) involved in the supply of raw/packaging materials and develop plans, including dual sourcing, to mitigate the same
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and lead development of category sourcing strategies.
- Establish supply agreements with key suppliers to ensure longer term, reliable supply. Establish and manage Supplier Relationship Program (SRM).
- Ensure that new suppliers are qualified in compliance with internal Quality/Change Control procedures and systems
- Observe and ensure the compliance to Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) policies and procedures
- Insure purchasing activities comply with site and government policies. Develop and sustain compliance standards that impact product quality.
- Assure the appropriate level of interactions and communications with key site stakeholders (Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Finance & Technical Services etc.)
- Establish appropriate tools (scorecards, etc) for communication, monitoring progress of implementation and ongoing compliance
- Interpret, oversee and assure the implementation of corporate global policies, site and business specific guidelines and manufacturing SOPs within the site Procurement function
- Own and be accountable for site budget for direct materials, defining and providing standard costs and Purchase Price Variance (PPV) delivery
- Develop periodic purchasing strategies for commodities that will deliver optimum cost benefit for Zoetis, while ensuring supply.
- Define and execute sustainable and continuous cost reduction (CIP) projects for the Site, working closely with Site Management and Category Managers
- Prioritize and deliver improved cost of externally sourced materials
Strong working relationship with the Platform lead, Site Leaders, Site Management teams at MFA sites, Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, EHS, GMT and all functions that affect the supply base.
This role has no direct reports. Incumbent is accountable for delivering cost reduction initiatives (3-5% target) for the site. She/he has overall accountability for ensuring supply and the service performance of the site supply base; works closely with Site Management teams and Category Managers to generate cost improvement plans for the annual budget and to rectify any budget shortfall.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS with at least 7-10 years of experience in pharmaceutical procurement is required.
- Procurement experience with Medicated Feed Additives industry is preferred.
- A good understanding of US commodities trading and commodities sourcing experience is preferred
- A good understanding of the Manufacturing environment / experience of working closely with and in Manufacturing sites
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Relevant procurement experience i.e. experience of supplier identification, selection, qualification, relationship building/management and achieving measurable business benefits.
- Strong contract/price negotiation skills
- Project management skills and results oriented. Ability to get things done by working with/through others. Self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Numerate, used to working in Excel, with an analytical skillset capable of both identifying and quantifying cost savings
- SAP, Ariba Procurement system experience preferred
- Able to communicate in English, both Oral/Written
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Role is based at Willow Island, West Virginia.
- Travel percentage estimated at 20% to suppliers.