Our Supply Chain team ensures inventory is consistently available to meet customer demand. We coordinate all aspects of supply through supply planning, sourcing, making, inventory management, packaging and delivery. We partner across the Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing organizations to build a robust demand and supply plan and ensure we get products to the right customer, at the place, at the right time.
The Supply Chain Manager is a hands-on role that will hold overall responsibility for planning, implementing and monitoring the overall supply chain strategy in order to maximize efficiency, ensure customer On Time and In Full and meet quality expectations. This position is the link between plant operations, customers and suppliers. This position receives direction from the Associate Director of Operations, interfaces directly across all functional areas and interacts daily with senior management.
- Accountable for master scheduling, buyer analysis, order management, production scheduling, customer fulfillment, and inventory management for our USA, Inc. and Canada location.
- Directs and coordinates the day-to-day and long-term strategic activities of the supply chain team to ensure timely planning and procurement of goods and services to meet business demand.
- Analyze market conditions or trends. Monitor inventories of products or materials to estimate the demand for products or services, working to optimized stock levels.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in understanding monthly forecasting, sales trends, and marketing initiatives to support the coordination of Supply Chain Activities and validate forecasted demands.
- Develop work processes to support the optimization of the ERP system (SAP), specifically supporting the full execution of Manufacturing
- Utilize the rough-cut capacity planning model for level loading plant as well as ordering and inventory management.
- Planning (MRP), Production System (MPS) and Production Scheduling.
- Develop work instructions and other training materials to support
- the optimization of departmental routines (standard work).
- Develop goals and measure performance for Planning, Purchasing, and Inventory Control departments.
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain, planning, and customer service.
- Produce monthly status reports that convey to management project progress against plans/budgets.
- Monthly management of slow-moving, obsolete inventory.
- Implement strategies to improve the performance of employees as well as effectiveness, engagement, accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide mentoring guidance to all subordinates, management or otherwise, across all aspects of their job function.
- Support the development of best practices, including completion of annual appraisals, individual development plans and succession planning.
- Oversees purchased goods, ensuring cost and quality standards are met.
- Evaluates the internal performance for all aspects of the supply chain and drives continuous improvement of supply system operations with effective leadership.
- Provides effective direction to Warehouse Supervisor, Supply Chain Specialist and Production Planner with regards to performance management, skills development, attendance, communication and recognition.
- In-depth experience in material planning and procurement, inventory control and management, production planning, setting production requirements and managing execution, material movement and service level negotiations.
- Able to improve forecast accuracy resulting in enhanced business results by directing the adoption of forecasting directing practices.
- Ability to work with all levels of business customers in a highly dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with working closely across various teams including functional and procurement leadership teams.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in Business, Logistics Management, Manufacturing Operations, Industrial Engineering or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5-years Supply Chain/Logistics experience in Manufacturing.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; experience leading a team.
- Extensive experience with SAP & ERP system.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1