This job is archived
We’re working on innovative foods and formulas that can extend the lives and cognitive function in maturing dogs and cats. We were the first ever to extrude dry dog food, and we’re backed by a lengthy list of patents — a portfolio of industry firsts.
As a Supply Planning Lead, you will be responsible for the supply plans that enable the wet network to meet customer service and total delivered cost objectives in a capacity constrained environment. You will interact and influence cross-functional teams to ensure that we support the business objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively manage production requirements and inventory for assigned network & provide long and short-term planning direction to factory planners to ensure alignment with organizational priorities.
- Evaluate expected growth and demand to ensure adequate plant and co-packing capacity.
- Utilize data to build supply projection models and provide impact summaries to senior leadership.
- Evaluate production locations and future plant capital improvements to maximize network efficiency and capacity.
- Responsible for factory communication on any special packing requirements, new items, change in production location and coordination of those requirements with respect to finished goods and forecast demand.
- Develop & lead short-term projects related to service, cost savings initiatives, and other Ensure Supply objectives relating to Supply Planning.
- Analyze inventory to ensure that assets are balanced with production costs and forecast sales for wet network and new item initiatives.
- Manage temporary allocations with the factories when product demand exceeds supply, or carry out special assignments as required.
All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years’ supply chain experience in demand planning, production scheduling, customer facing supply chain, distribution planning, or related field.
- PowerBI experience preferred.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] style="background-color:white">[Register to View] style="background-color:white"> to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.Job: Supply Planning Lead Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005716