We planted our roots in St. Louis home back in 1894. Since then, we’ve expanded our manufacturing to 21 facilities across the United States and St. Louis has grown into what some would call a “hidden gem”. This “big city with a small-town feel” has everything you need and more— a rich culture with world-class schools and healthcare, an affordable cost of living and a neighborhoods for every lifestyle. Hours from other major metro’s or minutes from a bustling downtown, serene parks and outdoors—join us in calling St. Louis home.
As the Procurement Specialist, you will be is the sole local procurement point of contact for your designated categories. You will be responsible for influencing and implementing sourcing strategies on a local level including new or changing items, P2P (Procure to Pay) channel management, and new suppliers. You will also be responsible for ensuring supply strategies for your categories, gathering data and conveying local requirements to Business Partners, Sourcing teams and Above Market Category teams.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to Stand Taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare? Join our Purina Family.
- Provide the Above Market Category team with information and requirements gathered through the daily business.
- Perform any data retrieval, analysis and representation required, mapping how ordering and channels work within the locations serviced and identify improvements to be targeted.
- Interface with local suppliers as required to assist with supplier development, supplier relation management or supplier switch out activities to support the sourcing strategy.
- Assure localized requirements are communicated to supply base.
- Integrate innovation, renovation and post award cost improvement elements from suppliers and the local business into all in scope functional or site/production processes.
- Lead the development and execution of local material risk mitigation plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field
- 1+ years’ purchasing, strategic sourcing, procurement or related experience
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home. The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Procurement Specialist Primary Location: Saint Louis, MO US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20005611