This job is archived
The Supply Planner is a member of the Materials team at Zoetis and will work to develop end to end Supply Planning and Reporting to support Sales, Manufacturing, Supply Chain for our Instrument and Reagent product offerings. He/she will develop strategic planning, capacity and production strategies to ensure high service level for our internal and external customers. This individual should possess strong analytical and organizational skills to perform both strategic and tactical planning functions required to support the needs of a growing organization. This position will support the site S&OP process, summarize actions for the site and follows through on key supply/capacity decisions in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Experience working with SAP is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze MRP data to ensure appropriate production levels to support sales are achieved.
- Participation in engineering change process, transition management (obsolescence, updated material specifications, etc.), support on analyzing BOM/Recipe usage accuracy
- Work with the Supply Chain to monitor usage rates and quality issues, as well as analyzing and adjusting safety stock levels as needed to optimize material flow
- Work with Document Control and Engineering to maintain master data for BOMs/Recipes within SAP.
- Work with Manufacturing and Inventory management to assure production orders are planned delivered in a timely manner
- Monitor inventory levels, communicate variances and make necessary adjustments
- Develop a supply plan, to support the site S&OP
- Participate in the continuous improvement of SAP MRP system applications.
- Work with Quality to communicate raw material requirements in order to support the production plan
- Work within applicable regulatory requirements by initiating appropriate action when quality or compliance deficiencies are identified
- Be the primary point of contact for assigned products
- Communicate supply vulnerabilities and implement plans to ensure continuity of supply
- Ensure compliance with Zoetis policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations
Education and Experience
- BA/BS with at least 3 years of Supply Planning experience
- A good understanding of the Manufacturing environment
- An understanding of GMP and the Quality standards required in a Diagnostics business
- Experience in diagnostics or medical devices planning/manufacturing a plus
- Nationally recognized professional certification a plus (APICS CPIM - Certified in Production and Inventory Management)
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Relevant planning experience in a Medical Manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate experience in Excel, with an analytical skillset capable of both identifying and quantifying requirements
- SAP experience required