This job is archived
Manages all distribution center inventory and establishes inventory process to ensure compliance through: cycle counting, receiving, storing, handling and shipping, while continually seeking feedback and improving processes to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded every day.
- Manages all inventory processes: oversees and validates the accuracy of cycle counts through monitoring and reporting; makes inventory adjustments, as needed, and determines appropriate product/location set up and moves.
- Maintains a clear understanding of the day-to-day operations and processes of the warehouse and makes decisions about inventory based on this knowledge. Maintains inventory by location system. Performs and manages the development and maintenance of an accurate and timely cycle count program and investigates discrepancies.
- Troubleshoots all inventory discrepancies using root cause analysis: determines cause, develops and implements plan for resolution and monitors progress; reconciles inventory reports including variance and expired products.
- Collaborates with internal partners, including Regulatory, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounts Payable, and Finance to provide information, answer questions and provide information, as necessary, to troubleshoot problems and resolve any outstanding issues in a timely manner. Pro-actively communicates issues to appropriate individuals. Serves as main point of contact for all inquiries regarding inventory.
- Evaluates and adjusts required replenishment levels in computer system, regularly, to assure adequate inventory levels on are maintained to support two days of orders.
- Creates, implements, and maintains standards of measurement and ensures all discrepancies are challenged and the necessary action is taken to rectify errors.
- Processes damaged goods/expired and investigates inventory issues with products. Provides required detailed investigation and explanations for all inventory adjustments. Coordinates with Inbound Operations Manager to examine contents of damaged product shipments from vendors and determines if some products can be placed.
- Participates on distribution center management team; conducts observations to identify areas for change; supports and interacts with all functions within DC.
- Partners with Purchasing Department to facilitate the proactive planning on optimizing our inventory levels and devising and implementing strategy to control costs associated with inventory.
- Monitors the performance of the team and provides feedback, including: performance evaluations, training, development, coaching, disciplinary action, and attendance management.
- Produces and analyzes reports and utilizes frequency of pick report to determine proper location for each item. Sets up and moves items based on frequency of pick report, in order to improve efficiency of storing and handling product.
- Acts as the main point of contact for recalls. Manages the recall process, to include confirming recall quantities with regulatory and vendors, moving effected recall product to the morgue physically and systematically, working with the returns manager to ensure return of recalled product to the vendor.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a major in Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, or other business-related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Minimum of three years of experience in warehouse inventory control environment.
- Minimum one year leadership experience.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate strong ability to pay attention to detail
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Experience and knowledge in distribution processes (receiving, shipping and inventory control) required
- Green belt or equivalent in Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Forklift Certification preferred, ability to obtain Forklift Certification required
- Ability to travel approximately 25% is required
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.