- Collaborate with finished goods planning to determine required quantities of assigned raw materials needed based on the production schedule and materials requirement planning system.
- Order assigned raw materials from outside vendors.
- Perform freight planning duties as needed.
- Coordinate purchases in a timely manner to minimize freight costs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all vendor communications and as the collection point for the vendor notification process.
- Coordinate shipments of returned and/or rejected materials.
- Publish a weekly receiving schedule for assigned raw materials.
*Perform all other duties as assigned.*Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ of experience in a buyer, procurement, supply chain or logistics related role
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] for accommodations" style="font-family: [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application. Job: Materials Assistant Primary Location: Jefferson, WI US Other Location: Career Area: Professional Nestle Purina PetCare Company https://nestleusa.taleo.net/careersection/9/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=20004469