This job is archived
Oversees DC inventory levels for assigned suppliers for all company locations through the use of company’s procurement software tools. Determines appropriate stocking locations for items to optimize company’s distribution network and inventory investment. In collaboration with Strategic Sourcing, negotiates with assigned suppliers to ensure company achieves a competitive position in its marketplace. Acts as liaison between suppliers, field sales, and operations.
- Determines and maintains appropriate inventory levels for assigned items using requisitioning system. Places orders and monitors orders through receipt. Takes action necessary to ensure accurate and timely delivery of products to distribution centers.
- Pursues all avenues to acquire products at lowest possible cost, including best terms, conditions, and any rebate potential. Takes advantage of all discount purchasing opportunities possible and coordinates with Strategic Sourcing to identify special buy-in’s (SBV).
- Achieves annual savings targets, as determined by department leadership.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting in the resolution of problems associated with assigned items and suppliers.
- Evaluates demand, recommends network placement to Procurement Management, and determines stock levels within distribution centers.
- Communicate item acquisition cost information to Strategic Sourcing and ensure current pricing is accurate.
- Creates inter-branch transfers, as necessary, utilizing weekly schedule to balance inventory and reduce overstock and improve or maintain company’s service level goals. Supports inventory management initiatives.
- Maintains company databases as required to include current supplier return policies, supplier contact information, and supplier manufacturer backorders.
- Monitors market conditions for items and segments purchased and provides updates, as appropriate, to Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
- Communicates product availability issues on key items to sales teams and marketing on a regular basis.
- Determines optimal ordering schedule for managed suppliers, incorporating advantages derived from vendor payment terms, freight terms and lead times.
- Identify and place forward-buy orders, as required.
- Expedites and manages open purchase orders and manages free goods reimbursement orders with assigned suppliers.
- Identify and Coordinate with Strategic Sourcing floor credits from suppliers when pricing of items goes down and have existing inventory at higher cost.
- Backs-up team members, as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a major in business-related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• Minimum of two years direct purchasing experience, prefer experience in distribution purchasing Demonstrated experience focusing on the customer and providing strong customer service is required.
• Strong PC skills with demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook e-mail.
• Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, time management, organization, and negotiation skills.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on delivering excellent internal and external customer service as well as the ability to operate as a team member.
• Must have strong computer typing skills.
• Level 1 E3 Certification preferred
• Minimal travel(<5%)
The company offers a comprehensive total compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a generous company match, company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage, educational assistance, and much more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.