- Position: Supply Planner
- Reference Code: R
- Department: Logistics
- Location: Nicholasville, KY
- Country: United States
Driven and detail-oriented Supply Planners are part of a team of 15 Supply Chain professionals located at Alltech’s global headquarters. The Supply Planner is responsible for working closely with 3-4 manufacturing locations to manage the inventory and scheduling of raw materials, coordinating and collaborating with plant personnel, tracking orders and liaising with inventory teams and management. The Planner will work across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make planning decisions based on demand.
You will be joining one of the fastest growing global animal nutrition companies with 6,000 employees in 130 countries that are Working Together for a Planet of Plenty™. Alltech believes that agriculture has the potential to have the greatest positive impact on the future of our planet, and science, sustainability and storytelling are essential to the endeavor.
- Ensure that optimum inventory level of raw materials in each plant are maintained to meet or exceed production order fill rates.
- Identify and resolve supply exceptions by expediting purchase orders, re-allocating existing inventory and modifying safety stock parameters.
- Liaise with Procurement and Logistics for any supply-related issues (e.g. quantity delivered, pricing, delivery schedule, etc.)
- Prepare and monitor weekly tactical plans for shipments and make forecast adjustments when appropriate.
- Ensure and implement controls in managing raw material supply while maximizing freight efficiencies.
- Actively participate in the coordination of cross-functional activities to ensure that supply of raw materials in each location are sufficient basis the demand.
- Lead supply chain communication and relationships with individual facilities.
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient in ERP systems and data analysis
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to meet changing needs of the a dynamic and growing organization
Relevant experience preferred but not required.
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
Candidate must be vaccinated against COVID-19More Info
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against qualified applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.Contact Info
Please submit resumes to [Register to View]
No recruiters or phone calls please.