A pet owner’s most trusted advisor is often their veterinarian. As a Territory Sales Manager for our Veterinary Sales Team, you are the face behind our brand as these providers consider Pro Plan Veterinary Diets®. Proper nutrition is key to optimal dog and cat health. It is an idea carried throughout our entire line of veterinary pet food—specialized nutrition that makes a difference. Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® include products focused on dietary management of dogs and cats with specific health problems. This role will provide you an incredible portfolio of formulas to represent, each of them backed by scientific research and Purina’s unparalleled pet expertise. Globally, Nestlé has 27 research, development and technology centers along with over 500 scientists dedicated to ensuring top quality and creating innovative approaches to make the lives of dogs and cats better.
Through continuous training, Territory Sales Managers will develop an expertise in our diets and strategic sales plans, just as you’ll need to understand our channel partners’ goals, so that we are simultaneously creating a healthier pet community and gaining market share. You’ll achieve this through your high level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit, advocacy and business acumen as you leverage Purina’s advancing technology and industry-leading innovation to nurture relationships with current clients and build new client business.
- Promote Pro Plan Veterinary Diet® product line.
- Grow the Purina Veterinary business by using innovative sales and marketing concepts to achieve assigned goals in all key measures.
- Call on existing and potential clients to create targeted, brand-building sales and marketing programs to drive volume and hit quantitative and qualitative sales goals
- Develop and implement strategic business plans within assigned geography to allow Purina to advance in the marketplace
- Create a positive Purina experience by providing top-tier customer services to clients through a consultative selling approach
- Work cross-functionally with regional team, distributor channel and counterparts across the country to consistently exceed sales expectations
- Influence with integrity by identifying each clinic’s business needs, and then leveraging consumer insights and trends to support your recommendations
- Develop and foster business relationships with key decision makers to gain active recommendations of Purina to veterinary clients.
- Provide Nutritional Pet Food Diet expertise to Veterinarians and their staff through clinic calls, product detailing/comparisons, In-Hospital Trainings and Special Events.
Must be willing to reside or relocate in at least one of the following areas: Springfield, MA area (Territory covers cities of Springfield, MA as well as the following cities in Connecticut: Putnam, Groton and Canton)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of sales experience required
- Outside sales experience and leadership experience preferred
- If you are not in the designated territory, ability to relocate within the territory boundaries preferred
- You are required to have a valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record and carry automobile insurance in the following amounts:
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $300,000 bodily injury liability per occurrence
- $50,000 property damage
- Must be able to travel, including overnight as needed to manage the assigned territory.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to manage the assigned territory.
- In order to be considered for this role, you must be willing to relocate:
- If you currently reside in the territory, you may need to be open to relocate for future advancement opportunities.
- If you currently do not reside in the territory, you will need to relocate to the territory upon offer acceptance and for future advancement opportunities.
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View] notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.