This job is archived
Location: US Remote (Ames)
Zoetis provides industry leading genomic technologies for cattle producers that help inspire and inform healthy, efficient, sustainable, and profitable production practices. Our genetic testing solutions including HD50K, INHERIT, and CLARIFIDE set the standard in the industry as a trusted source of insights to inform management, selection, breeding, and marketing decisions.
We are seeking an Inside Sales Representative who will develop relationships with beef producers and provide direct support in helping to assess opportunities for use of INHERIT and Blockyard. The successful candidate will accurately detail the features and benefits of Zoetis products, guide customers on base applications of genomic data to inform breeding and management, demonstrate the effective use of available tools, and overcome objections. This role is designed to respond to business opportunities identified through digital engagement, customer and partner referrals, and current customers.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Verbal, written, presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make thoughtful / fair decisions based on relevant information
- Computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems)
- Identify and respond to new producer leads and execute sales for company growth
- Work directly with the broader Zoetis sales team to close deals and maximize market share
- Demonstrate the use of available tools and present testing results to potential customers using video conferencing
- Effectively utilize defined CRM’s to proactively manage sales opportunities
- Connect regularly with Sales team and managers to continuously improve sales skills
- Occasionally work outside of normal business hours
- Optional travel to tradeshows, company meetings, or other industry events
- All other tasks as needed by Management
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have had sales training
- Have a willingness to learn about the beef industry
- Be capable of building customer relationships through the phone and video conferencing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA) preferred
- 3+ years sales experience preferred
- Genetics or related experience preferred
- Follow-through and attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor and presentation style.
- Focused and results oriented, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
- Willingness to work independently and in a close team environment, self-starter
- Exhibit willingness to accept and incorporate feedback