Inside Sales Representative
Nestle Purina PetCare
A pet owner’s most trusted advisor is often their veterinarian. As an Inside Sales Rep (ISR) for our Veterinary Sales Team, you are responsible for retaining and growing Purina’s revenue within the Veterinary Channel. You will have an assigned geography that you will grow, develop, build and maintain strong relationships through consultative and transactional selling over the phone.
It is an idea carried throughout our entire line of veterinary pet food—specialized nutrition that makes a difference. Pro Plan Veterinary Diets® (PPVD) include products focused on dietary management of dogs and cats with specific health problems, as well as our growing suite of Pro Plan Veterinary Supplements® (PPVS). This role will provide you an incredible portfolio of formulas to represent, each of them backed by scientific research and Purina’s unparalleled pet expertise. Globally, Nestlé has 27 research, development and technology centers along with over 500 scientists dedicated to ensuring top quality and creating innovative approaches to make the lives of dogs and cats better.
Through continuous training, Inside Sales Reps (ISRs) will develop an expertise in our diets so that we are simultaneously creating a healthier pet community and gaining market share. You’ll achieve this through your high level of professionalism, advocacy, selling into clinics, and business acumen as you leverage Purina’s advancing technology and industry-leading innovation to nurture relationships with current clients.
We are proud of our active military service members, and our current associates who have served. We do consider military experience. Please apply for full consideration. Thank you for your service.
- Grow territory revenue to achieve high performance sales targets by prospecting new and existing accounts for sales opportunities, farming accounts to sell in new products to drive growth and cultivating existing relationships to gain organic growth.
- Educate and promote Pro Plan Veterinary Diet® Pro Plan Veterinary Supplements® product lines to vet professionals by facilitating virtual in-hospital trainings
- Develop and foster business relationships with key decision makers to gain active recommendations of Purina to veterinary clients.
- Develop and implement strategic business plans within assigned geography to allow Purina to advance in the marketplace
- Handle assigned accounts to provide coverage for both inbound and outbound calls for the purpose of meeting or exceeding assigned annual growth in prescription (Purina ProPlan Vet Diet) and specialty dog and cat diets in veterinary clinics.
- Call on existing and potential clients to create targeted, brand-building sales and marketing programs to drive volume and hit quantitative and qualitative sales goals
- Contact existing customers and open new accounts while probing for incremental business opportunities (cross sell/up sell based on additional account needs)
- Gain points of distribution by placing orders through distributor partners or activating program participation in Purina for Professionals and ProPlan Vet Direct.
LOCATION: St. Louis, MO
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of relevant work experience required
- 1+ years of sales experience required
- Inside sales, Business to Business sales experience is preferred
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) or Contact Management knowledge (Salesforce) is preferred
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View] to notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.
By applying you agree to our Terms of Service