Joining Purina means you’re joining one of the most emotional categories in the world – pet care. At our very core, we’re a human environment – passionate people mastering cutting-edge technology and ways of connecting with our consumers so we can, ultimately, improve the lives of pets.
As an Associate within our Brand Marketing group, you’ll be responsible for assisting the execution of the marketing strategy for the brand you support, including analyzing the business and our competition. What does your day-to-day look like? Building promotion elements for the business plan; developing sales tools; evaluating sales, share, profit; drawing insights from analytics, and overseeing budgets.
You must be able to find your ‘square’ – find passion in the work you do and develop meaningful partnerships with your customers. And if you’re naturally collaborative, curious, analytical, and digitally driven, you’ll fit right in. #JoinPurina
- Participate in the development of marketing plan(s) and contribute to objectives, strategies, and tactics that will push new products to market
- Promotions and Packaging
- Assist in the execution of promotional programs/calendar
- Manage coupon and customer relationship marketing
- Analyze promotional programs to maximize effectiveness/efficiency and make on-going recommendations for improvements to programs
- Manage packaging changes due to product, graphic, and or formula changes
- Budget and Forecast Tracking
- Assist in management of budgets, as well as evaluate share, sales, and profit for the brand
- Maintain packaging and product forecast
- Monitor inventory
- Market Analysis
- Track brand sales performance and analyze syndicated scan data to recommend changes/improvements based on your analysis of the business and the competitive market
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative marketing research to impact your business and brand decisions
- Trade Communications
- Develop customer presentations that communicate updates to promotional/trade calendars
- Plan and execute merchandising events, retail tools, and point of sale (POS) displays
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience (Years/Type):
- 3+ years of business experience working in a professional environment, with 1 year of this experience in any of the following areas: e-commerce development, including sales or marketing strategy, design strategy, self-employed entrepreneur, or business analytics required
- Experience connecting the dots between data points and drawing conclusions/recommendations from syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, PowerBI etc.) to drive new business initiatives and project success highly preferred
- Experience working in digital marketing or e-commerce development, including sales or marketing strategy preferred
- Ability to easily transition from high-level strategic thinking to creative and detailed execution
- Project and budget management
- Partnering with vendors
- Working with agencies or in-house creative teams
- Ability to innovate and think creatively
- General management mentality
- Experience launching new and disruptive products
- Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly to change and deliver results
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and autonomously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at [Register to View]
or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-[Register to View]