CheckMark (CKMK) at Nestlé Purina is our internal agency dedicated to innovation, agility, and creativity. In the Digital Product Group at CheckMark, the Lead, Technical Architect will work in an agile, diverse team composed of Developers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, UX strategists, and UX/UI design specialists. Our goal is to capture and activate data through digital products and services that transform the way we connect with our consumers and pets.
The Lead, Technical Architect will be a subject matter expert (SME) in full-stack mobile app development, poised to lead and mentor fellow developers and be a strong team member in architecting technical solutions that will bring Purina’s consumer facing digital ecosystem to life. Are you up for the challenge? #JoinOurPack
A Day in the Life of a Lead Technical Architect
- Lead, mentor, and enable a team of developers with various skillsets, encouraging their technical capabilities through hands-on contributions to the development team
- Lead efforts utilizing Git and version control best practices
- Lead risk and time estimation efforts with development team
- Lead developers and assist IS/IT groups to ensure architecturally compliant on-time software delivery, automating and streamlining our operations and processes
- Interface with Business and Product Owners, consulting on technical recommendations for various solutions across the enterprise system
- Buildout plans for building a mobile lead ecosystem with a strong grasp over modern web protocols and experience designing and interfacing with a wide variety of APIs
- Plan and consult on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and deployment/configuration management (Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operation, and performance benchmarking
- Work closely with the Director of the Digital Product Group to build and maintain a team of experts who execute best practices in mobile development and produce high quality and high-performance mobile applications
- Jump in and be a hands-on developer with the team to help with velocity and productivity
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT PURINA:
- Your work has incredible reach: Technologies used at Nestlé Purina reach not only Nestlé Purina, but also throughout Nestlé’s global operations.
- Comprehensive benefits package that enables you to support yourself and your family.
- Continuous opportunity to strive for innovation, process improvement, and breaking company boundaries all while maintaining a balance in your personal life.
- Being a part of a culture that stands tall with Innovation, Passion, Integrity, Performance and Expertise.
- A synergistic, supportive team that’s diverse in thought and backgrounds.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO APPLY, GROW AND SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in System Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5+ years of working experience required
- Professional work experience as a mobile and full stack developer required
- Experience with DevOps framework and technologies preferred
- Experience working with scalable, high performance distributed applications in a continuous delivery models preferred
- Experience with IoT connected products preferred
- Experience growing and mentoring development talent is preferred
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Knowledge of scripting (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency with common cloud technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Working knowledge of Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Expert command over a wide variety of software languages and frameworks
- Experience developing with Behavior-driven development in conjunction with Test-driven Development
- Passion for technology and the digital product landscape
- Ability to develop alongside teammates as well as lead the pack
- Computer Vision/Machine Learning experience, or a strong interest in Data Science is a plus
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.