This job is archived
The Lead Technical Architect at Nestle Purina’s internal creative agency, CheckMark (CKMK), works in the Digital Product Group working in an agile, innovative, fast-paced, diverse team composed of Developers, UX/UI design specialists, UX writers, UX strategists, scrum masters, and product owners. They are an inquisitive team player ready to lead and jump in as needed on a wide variety of development and DevOps tasks across an evolving project landscape!
The Lead Technical Architect will be a subject matter expert (SME) in full-stack mobile app development, poised to lead and mentor fellow developers and be a strong team member in architecting technical solutions that will bring Purina’s consumer facing digital ecosystem to life. Are you up for the challenge? #JoinOurPack
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of developers with various skillsets.
- Lead and enable team members but also have the technical capabilities to be able to provide hands-on contributions to the development team.
- Lead efforts utilizing Git and version control best practices.
- Lead risk and time estimation efforts with development team.
- Lead developers and assist IS/IT groups to ensure architecturally compliant on-time software delivery.
- Interface with Business and Product Owners, consulting on technical recommendations for various solutions across the enterprise system.
- Buildout plans for building a mobile lead ecosystem with a strong grasp over modern web protocols and experience designing and interfacing with a wide variety of APIs.
- Work closely with engineering, cloud infrastructure and support teams to help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Plan and consult on cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) and deployment.
- Plan and assist in DevOps pipelines to deploy/maintain cloud-based applications.
- Lead, plan and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operation, and performance benchmarking.
- Enable others to troubleshoot and resolve issues with development, test and production environments.
- Responsible time/task management and professionalism.
- Constantly seeking out technical knowledge of software, hardware and open-source technologies.
- Work closely with the Director of the Digital Product Group to build and maintain a team of experts who execute best practices in mobile development and produce high quality and high-performance mobile applications.
- Jump in and be a hands-on developer with the team to help with velocity and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in System Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5+ years of working experience required
- Professional work experience as a mobile and full stack developer required
- Experience with DevOps framework and technologies preferred
- Experience working with scalable, high performance distributed applications in a continuous delivery model preferred
- Experience with IoT connected products is preferred
- Experience growing and mentoring development talent preferred
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience and/or training in leading others
- Knowledge of scripting (bash, ruby, python, etc.)
- Proficiency with common cloud technologies (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Working knowledge of Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Expert command over a wide variety of software languages and frameworks
- Experience developing with Behavior-driven development in conjunction with Test-driven Development
- Passion for technology and the digital product landscape
- Must be willing to develop alongside teammates as well as lead the pack
- Must be team oriented and open minded. Projects are “led”, not “owned
- Ability to collaborate and communicate clearly in a team with a diverse set of skills
- Ability to work autonomously and be well organized
- Strong decision making and judgment skills (ability to make logical, pragmatic, and structured decisions)
- Computer Vision/Machine Learning experience, or a strong interest in Data Science is a plus
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you'll consider sharing in our mission--you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us [Register to View]
notify of us of any needs related to completing the job application.